NRL 22 setup ??

I absolutely love my rugged oculus .22 can it'll handle up to 17wsm.

I absolutely love my rugged oculus .22 can it'll handle up to 17wsm.
I've actually been thinking I'd get the Rugged Mustang. It's only rated for 22, but that's perfectly okay with me. I'll be wanting to put this on a Walther P22Q too so the lighter I can get the better.

I just ordered a Bergara BMR in 22 LR. I was thinking that this would be a good rifle to shoot feral cats with, as I was looking at it I figured I might as well set it up for NRL 22 competitions as well. The price limit for the Base division is $1300 MSPR, this rifle MSRPs at $719 so I have $581 to play with on the scope. I'd need recommendations for a scope in that range that would be good for NRL 22 competitions. I don't know much about the competitions, but I want to get into them and figure this going to be a good setup to do so with. I know that I don't want a fixed power scope. Is FFP necessary? I tend to prefer it, but if it's not necessary then I can save some money there and get a little bit better glass. What magnification range is necessary? I was thinking something in the 18x range at the top end would be enough, again I'm not sure. I did look at the Bushnell Match Pros, those seem to be decent.

So a scope that MSRPs at $581 or less that would be suitable for NRL 22.

Next, to round out this rifle and make it so that I can shoot feral cats while my wife is napping in the house, I'd also like to get a suppressor. I've done some research on them, but I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to get. I was thinking a dedicated 22 rimfire can would be ideal, but getting something that can do up to 17 HMR as well wouldn't be terrible. I'd like to keep it lightweight to not throw the balance off, something around or less than the 6oz mark is what I was aiming for.

Suggestions please and thank you.
Take a look at the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24X scope

for .22 rifle why would you choose FFP and mils over SFP and MOA?

Which would be best for benchrest F-Class .22lr shooting?
For NRL22 or PRS Rimfire, most shooters use MIL scopes and a FFP scope.

They're easier to use since the subtensions on the reticle are accurate regardless of what magnification the scope is on. With a SFP scope, any subtensions are only accurate at the maximum magnification.

For F-Class and Benchrest, I do believe most shooters use SFP and MOA. Usually, SFP reticles are thinner, allowing for a smaller aiming point while MOA will allow for finer adjustments.

Unfortunately they MSRP at $649. If I'm going to bust the base class budget I'm going to get something nicer than that.
I just noticed that you bought the carbon BMR which is $100 more than the steel barrel, so yes the Vortex Diamondback Tactical would put you over by $68. Just make sure that whatever you buy, the paralex knob will go down to 25 yards so you don't end up shooting at blurry targets if the match has some close targets. Good luck, you'll enjoy it.

I just noticed that you bought the carbon BMR which is $100 more than the steel barrel, so yes the Vortex Diamondback Tactical would put you over by $68. Just make sure that whatever you buy, the paralex knob will go down to 25 yards so you don't end up shooting at blurry targets if the match has some close targets. Good luck, you'll enjoy it.
Yeah I probably should've bought the steel one. I wasn't actually intending to use this for NRL22, but I figured if I had it I might as well get a scope that would qualify it for base class.

Alright I have the Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 on order, or I can move my Razor AMG back over to my 28 Nosler.

Last edited: