NRL 22 setup ??

chav0_12

I just ordered a Bergara BMR in 22 LR. I was thinking that this would be a good rifle to shoot feral cats with, as I was looking at it I figured I might as well set it up for NRL 22 competitions as well. The price limit for the Base division is $1300 MSPR, this rifle MSRPs at $719 so I have $581 to play with on the scope. I'd need recommendations for a scope in that range that would be good for NRL 22 competitions. I don't know much about the competitions, but I want to get into them and figure this going to be a good setup to do so with. I know that I don't want a fixed power scope. Is FFP necessary? I tend to prefer it, but if it's not necessary then I can save some money there and get a little bit better glass. What magnification range is necessary? I was thinking something in the 18x range at the top end would be enough, again I'm not sure. I did look at the Bushnell Match Pros, those seem to be decent.

So a scope that MSRPs at $581 or less that would be suitable for NRL 22.

Next, to round out this rifle and make it so that I can shoot feral cats while my wife is napping in the house, I'd also like to get a suppressor. I've done some research on them, but I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to get. I was thinking a dedicated 22 rimfire can would be ideal, but getting something that can do up to 17 HMR as well wouldn't be terrible. I'd like to keep it lightweight to not throw the balance off, something around or less than the 6oz mark is what I was aiming for.

Suggestions please and thank you.

I have 2 of those Match Pro and there Awesome scopes one on a B14R and CZ 452 Custom bang still with these

Out to 300 yds and probably can get to 400 with no problem
Is that just dialing or do you hold over too? Do you have a canted base, what's the cant? The BRM comes with a 30 MOA base and I figured that should be sufficient with most stopes to get me to 300.

Is that just dialing or do you hold over too? Do you have a canted base, what's the cant? The BRM comes with a 30 MOA base and I figured that should be sufficient with most stopes to get me to 300.
I'm Shooting a B-14R with 20 MOA Base and that dialing now I have to hold with my CZ custom it has a 15 MOA

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 82
Looking for variable mag. scopes in the mid range?

Here's a Scope Specs Table to compare them side by side.
Over 100 of them....

▪Prices,
▪weight,
▪how many mils/moas elevation,
▪warranty type,
▪reticle type.
▪Sorted by FFP and SFP.

▪Most have 10y min. parallax and
▪all have exposed elev. turrets.

Happy scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Specs Table for
4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x

Attachments

• -SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf
    303.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I've had a couple SWR (early silencerco) specter 2 rimfire cans for over 10 yrs and picked up a Banish 22 more recently. I've got many other suppressors but these are the only rimfire cans I have. Definitely go with a dedicated rimfire can that is rated for 17hmr, 22mag etc (the ones I've got are also rated for 5.7x28). Rimfire can with subsonic 22lr in a bolt gun is by far my favorite thing to shoot. I suggest finding a local or somewhat local dealer and discuss it with them.

I built out a CZ 457 VPC and put a Athlon. Midas Tac 6-24x50 on it. I used a 30moa base and Burris XTR Signature rings to max out the elevation. I had 1 mil of "down" adjustment. I could dial to almost 500 with that setup. I shot steel to 450 with sv ammo. My avatar is me shooting that setup.
This BMR came with a 30MOA base, which is really nice. I was looking to maybe get a different base for it, but I haven't looked really hard yet, this one is set up in a way that I couldn't put a one piece scope mount on it, I was thinking of adding a mount to add some more cant. I just need to figure out what scope I'm going to put on this first to make sure I have enough adjustment that I can still zero it.

I do have an Athlon Midas Tac on a 6.5 Grendel, it's the smaller one though. I like it a good bit for the price I paid. It's MSRP is way too high for this application though, unfortunately.

Last edited:
In the meantime, I've borrowed my Vortex Razor AMG 6-24x50 from my 28 Nosler and put it on the 22. It seems a little ridiculous moving that $3k optic to this 22, but I'll find something that I can keep it in base class for NRL22 before too long.

I'm kinda wishing I bought a CZ 457, or even the steel version of this BMR to maximize the "value" of the optic.
IMG_0377.jpeg

This BMR came with a 30MOA base, which is really nice. I was looking to maybe get a different base for it, but I haven't looked really hard yet, this one is set up in a way that I couldn't put a one piece scope mount on it, I was thinking of adding a mount to add some more cant. I just need to figure out what scope I'm going to put on this first to make sure I have enough adjustment that I can still zero it.

I do have an Athlon Midas Tac on a 6.5 Grendel, it's the smaller one though. I like it a good bit for the price I paid. It's MSRP is way too high for this application though, unfortunately.
Add a set of Burris XTR Signature rings. They allow for up to an additional 40moa. They are all I use and have never had a scope move, even on my biggest magnums.

I just ordered a Bergara BMR in 22 LR. I was thinking that this would be a good rifle to shoot feral cats with, as I was looking at it I figured I might as well set it up for NRL 22 competitions as well. The price limit for the Base division is $1300 MSPR, this rifle MSRPs at $719 so I have $581 to play with on the scope. I'd need recommendations for a scope in that range that would be good for NRL 22 competitions. I don't know much about the competitions, but I want to get into them and figure this going to be a good setup to do so with. I know that I don't want a fixed power scope. Is FFP necessary? I tend to prefer it, but if it's not necessary then I can save some money there and get a little bit better glass. What magnification range is necessary? I was thinking something in the 18x range at the top end would be enough, again I'm not sure. I did look at the Bushnell Match Pros, those seem to be decent.

So a scope that MSRPs at $581 or less that would be suitable for NRL 22.

Next, to round out this rifle and make it so that I can shoot feral cats while my wife is napping in the house, I'd also like to get a suppressor. I've done some research on them, but I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to get. I was thinking a dedicated 22 rimfire can would be ideal, but getting something that can do up to 17 HMR as well wouldn't be terrible. I'd like to keep it lightweight to not throw the balance off, something around or less than the 6oz mark is what I was aiming for.

Suggestions please and thank you.
Arken optics