.22 scope

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by bstomper, Sep 27, 2011.

1. bstomper

bstomper Well-Known Member

I had this in the scope section but I had no response. It is more fitting here.
    I am going to upgrade my scope on my 7mm. It has a bushnell elite 3200
    3-9x40 on it right now. I was going to use it on my rugger 10/22. I have had a few guys tell me that it would not work for a .22, but they couldn't explain why. Is this true and if so why.

2. timl

timl Well-Known Member

It will work on your 10/22. The only problem I have encountered is centerfire scopes normally have the parallex set for 100 yds. Rimfire scopes are normally set for closer ranges. I had to buy a centerfire scope with an adjustable objective to fix this.

3. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

I agree with T., your scope while not optimal for a rimfire will function just fine for probably 99% of what you are going to use it for.....plinking, critters,targets should not be a problem.
    If you were interested in a Rimfire specific scope, Nikon has a New 2011 ProStaff Rimfire 3-9 BDC 150 with a Parallax down to 50 yards. I have this scope mounted on a Ruger 10/22 and have had nothing but fun with it. Using Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program allows you to fine tune your accuracy even more with this scope.
    Here's a pic of my rig right after I mounted it up.
    http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/ProStaffRimfire.jpg

4. bstomper

bstomper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replys guys.
    Bman what was that scope worth.

5. donw

donw Member

no matter the brand name you select, for best performance, select a rimfire specific optic.

6. Malcolm C

Malcolm C New Member

7. justinp61

justinp61 Well-Known Member

Interesting read on adjusting parallax, I don't think I'll try it on my VX-3 though.

I have a Mueller 4.5-14 X 40 AO APT that will focus down to 8 yards. Also have a Konus Pro 6.5-24 X 44 AO, it too will focus close, but the Mueller is clearer and about half price of the Konus. Mueller scopes are great for the money.