Now this should be illegal!

I needed a back seat as well.
I looked a few c5 vettes but I'm 6' 3" and don't really fit in them.
Super chargers are the way to go for big hp for sure, but as you know, to do them right is not cheap.
I'm looking at about 2500.00 for engine mods.
What do you guys like for interior and exterior detailing products?
I wouldn't mind a few suspension mods as well, but being in MT I don't want to drop it at all, also don't want to make it ride rougher than stock. I don't know if much could be done with those two things in mind.

2500 will definitely get a cam and mild head work. Don't forget fuel injectors and a ZL1 fuel pump and control module. Those 4 things will be a big bump in the fun factor. Tunes on the dyno usually run 600 bucks but if you get the shop doing your cam and head work to do the tune they usually discount tuning a bunch.
As for suspension the best upgrade you need first is to get BMR or similar rear control arms. These let you adjust the wheel angle for better traction. Hard mounts in the rear help a bunch too. These 2 mods will all but eliminate wheel hop. The factory positrac is not very good but usable with limited hp. Just build it one piece at a time. An MGW short throw shifter will be the one mod that makes you love your car more for sure. Totally different feel from stock.
Shep

Tim Vallie does an awesome job on tuning, I know a few guys that have had him work on their 6.0's and he knows how to make them run! He's been tuning for about 15 years now. I think he said he's only 450 for a dyno tune with a manual, and 600 or 650 for the automatic. Thanks for the tips, I'll ask him about what that would cost. I could probably handle some it myself. That MGW looks great, I watched a video on how to install it, certainly that is something I can handle, looks pretty easy.

Just that shifter mod will make your car feel more like a race car. It has strong centering springs so the shift to 3rd is just a forward push and it lines itself up. Firms the feel up a ton. That's the first mod I would do if I was building another.
Shep

FB_IMG_1606552331140.jpg

I worked on the Hellcats for the Charger and Challenger before they were released to the public. We were at the Milan dragway doing some testing. I was doing data collection but at the end of the day I got the chance to take the Charger down the track. First time I ever been on a drag strip. WHOA. The acceleration was phenomenal. My brother had a '69 Chevelle with a 396 big block and it was nowhere near this car. Was still pulling when I crossed the line. Got to take it a few more times down the strip. Got a little better each time. What a rush!

This was my baby. Started as an anemic 260ho 2000 Mustang gt

Screenshot_20201217-133758_Photobucket.jpg

Screenshot_20201217-133727_Photobucket.jpg

Fully forged 5.4l short block, 4v dohc navigator heads (ported and polished with bigger valves) custom sheet metal intake manifold, shorty headers and an 88mm turbo. 808hp to the wheels on pump gas.(this was in 2007!)

It wasn't a good drag car though, fastest it ran was 11.4 in the 1/4. It was set up closer to a road race car. Close ratio 6spd, tubular front k-member and a-arms, Kenny brown independent rear end, coil overs all the way around. The thing handled like a gocart with a rocket for an engine lol. I sold it when I moved north and have regretted it ever since.

Also, now you know where my username came from lol

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.