NOT happy with the 300grMK

broz. ive tried they bergers out of this rifle and they seem to shoot much better then the MK"s. im gonna load the bergers up and use them for elk if this rifle dosent sell.

I am really anxious to see the results of the Bergers on game. With the test I did at 1180 yards I am very encouraged.

Good luck!

Jeff

I could certainly see how one would be concerned with that bullet performance. That's kinda crazy.

On a side note, would you be interested in sharing your load that got you 3120FPS w/300SMK??? That is flat screaming for a 300SMK out of a 27 inch barrel! Care to share please

Broz, you should try to open up that exit wound a little, can't really see where the bullet exited...:)

Broz, great shooting and thanks for the video :)

Just a "flesh wound" on that 820 yard goat, just put some dirt on it and he should be fine.

edge.

Broz, you should try to open up that exit wound a little, can't really see where the bullet exited...:)

I know.... Lost 1/2 the shoulder on the entrance side, :rolleyes: but all the ribs on the other side.

Oh well, who eats antelope ribs anyway?:cool: gun)Ha!

Jeff

Would it help if you trimmed the meplat. Would the slightly larger hole it creates help expansion? I know it would drop the bc a small amount but it would also uniform the tips. Just a thought.

Great shot! I've loading 250grn GameKings because I could be shooting elk as close as 150 yards this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.