Nosler vs Norma brass in 257 weatherby

okie man

Ive had the same Norma 257 weatherby brass for some time! 4 reloads plus on some and was thinking it might be time to replace it! Looks like my choices are nosler, Norma or hornady brass! What are your guys thoughts on these brands?

Ive had the same Norma 257 weatherby brass for some time! 4 reloads plus on some and was thinking it might be time to replace it! Looks like my choices are nosler, Norma or hornady brass! What are your guys thoughts on these brands?

Norma makes the brass for Weatherby and Nosler. They simply stamp the brass with the "Weatherby" and "Nosler" headstamps instead of Norma.

Weatherby and Norma brass are identical, other than headstamp.

In my opinion, the Nosler branded Norma brass is the best of all of them, because once it gets shipped to Nosler in bulk, they check for concentricity, weight-sort each case, and chamfer and deburr the cases before they package them. Those extra few processes make it worth the extra money, IMO.

Hornady is not bad brass either. Not my first choice for magnum calibers, but it's better than others (Remington & Federal) in my experiences.

Norma makes the brass for Weatherby and Nosler. They simply stamp the brass with the "Weatherby" and "Nosler" headstamps instead of Norma.

Weatherby and Norma brass are identical, other than headstamp.

In my opinion, the Nosler branded Norma brass is the best of all of them, because once it gets shipped to Nosler in bulk, they check for concentricity, weight-sort each case, and chamfer and deburr the cases before they package them. Those extra few processes make it worth the extra money, IMO.

Hornady is not bad brass either. Not my first choice for magnum calibers, but it's better than others (Remington & Federal) in my experiences.

I second this

What they said.
I have 100 pieces of Nosler .30/06 that are all within one grain total. I don't push it too hard, but have four loadings on them. I neck-size mine though so YMMV. I like to buy at least 100 pieces of brass from the same lot for each rifle and Nosler brass has proven to be consistent and of significant quality in three of my rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.