Nosler releases 27 Nosler and more

Nosler to release 27 Nosler with 165 ablr bullet the 27 will be a fast twist unsure how fast 8 would be nice. Also releasing 6.5 prc ammo, that was the highlights, nice that .277 is getting some needed support with .277 bullets
any idea when the 6.5prc ammo is supposed to start landing on shelves? The Hornady 143ELDx are running pretty amazing in my gun but I prefer accubonds so im hoping they will be making some 6.5prc accubond ammo in the 140-150gr range.

After the first of the year, bullets should be on shelves by March, not sure on ammo, they are re-naming the ammo so partition will be in the partition line e-tip will be in the e-tip line and so on.

I must of not explained myself...my magazine has a max length of 3.7". My cartridges have a max length (COAL) of 3.5".

You know nothing of freebore, my stock Wby chamber runs about .378" freebore...

You do not understand what freebore means...

If you are a "factory" person...you are on the wrong site...

All my velocity data is from a Magnetospeed...Your data?

That is not an accurate statement (pun intended). Plenty of factory rifles and ammo that qualify as "long range" hunting rigs. No need to try and alienate people.

That is not an accurate statement (pun intended). Plenty of factory rifles and ammo that qualify as "long range" hunting rigs. No need to try and alienate people.

You are right...factory ammo and factory rifles have gotten MUCH better...It is a good time to buy some really nice and some really accurate rifles...heck...even good scopes for reasonable prices are everywhere...

Last edited:
If so, I don't understand it. Seems like too much repetition to me. Wouldn't the 26 or 28 suffice? I can see, in time, one or more of these being discontinued.
Agree that all the nosler cardridges will not stand the test of time. Does WSSM ring a bell?

Agree that all the nosler cardridges will not stand the test of time. Does WSSM ring a bell?
28 nosler has had the most following of that series of cartridges. I don't own a 28 nos but I have an 7mm stw. If the 28 is as non finicky as my Stw, I can understand it's popularity. Right now, the market is as flooded with new cartridges as I have ever saw it. Ammunition sales are what will dictate the test of time for any of the new cartridges released. And while serious shooters may love a 28 nosler , 6.5 prc, or 300 prc, the ammunition sales will be driven by the majority of people who bought a $300 rifle: axis, ruger American, etc... Cause those rifles out sold a $900-1500 rifle ten to one. Half the small portion of people who spent >$1500 on a rifle are probably handloading anyway which really only equals out to a small part of the market. 6.5 creedmoor was a winner for those exact same reasons. $300 dollar rifle $16 ammo and its accurate, everyone from the occasional hunter to the fanatic can own and shoot one at low cost. If they can do that same thing with a Nosler or Prc series of cartridge, it will probably stand the test of time.

Yuppers,,, the Ought-6 and 6.5x55 was supposed to be shelved 80 years ago,,, then 40 followed by the 20 year mark...

If those old cartridges can stand the test of time,,, then Nosler should be able to pull it off in this cartridge...

At least one would think they could...

Cheers from the North

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.