Nosler or Kimber?

25 Otter

Howdy folks. I was wondering what you all have to say about these 2 rifles. I have been entertaining thoughts of purchasing a semi-custom rifle for a while now. This particular rifle would be an all around deer, elk, black bear getter. The caliber isn't the issue as of yet. What I want to know are your opinions as to which you would/did purchase. To narrow it down a bit,lets consider the Kimber Montana and the Nosler 48 Sporter.

I'm not familiar with either as far as field work goes, but I am familiar with the dealer cost on the Kimber. My question is, what would either of these rifles do that a Remington or Winchester wouldn't? I would look hard at these lines, and take the money you save and sink it into glass. Not to mention there are endless possibilities to go custom with both of these actions.

Agreed the new winchesters are very good guns as well as remingtons. With a little load development you should have either of thoes guns shooting a MOA group or better.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.