Kimber Montana .300 Win Mag or Kimber Mountain Ascent .300 Win Mag

Raptor2192

Hello. First, I am a mere amateur compared to the experts on these forums. But here goes. Looking for advice and recommendations on whether to purchase a Kimber Montana or their fairly new model in Mountain Ascent .300 Win Mag caliber. I'm not a long range shooter by any means or as cited by the NRA (long range starts at 600) but will be coached soon by an expert instructor who has offered to help me to this new level of shooting. I don't reload and will be using factory load ammo (my next shill set when the budget allows). I am also considering mounting a Leupold VX6 3X18-50MM Firedot Wind Plex with CDS. So I would appreciate any comments from this expert and certainly experienced forum. Why Kimber? I have a Montana and Adirondack models in .308 and love their out of the box accuracy and lightweight features. Not wealthy, but do like quality, dependability and warranty promise. Thanks to all for your time and comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.