nosler brass vs. other brands

jhibbard24

Who has used Nosler brass and what kinda of results/comments do you have. Does it hold up well like Lapua brass. It sounds like a good product with a lot of time saving prep work (ie. weight sorted, flash holes deburred, chamfered and deburred) already done for you. I've used lots of winchester and hornady brass in the past but the first time that i used a high quality brass like lapua i was very impressed in my 6.5-.284.

I have had some experience using Nosler brass. It has both advantages and disadvantages. First it comes from the box in great shape. It is very uniform and it ready to load. I was very impressed with it the first time I used it in my 22-250 and my 280 Rem.. However, the down side is that I found that it is not nearly as tough as Lapua, so you will not get 10-15 reload from it. After two or three loads in my 280 Rem the primer pockets were starting to stretch. I have found that RP bass is a better choice for my 280 Rem.. It takes a little longer to prepare but RP bass lasts longer and works great for me, in the 280 Rem.
For my Winchester short mags I love Norma bass, I use Lapua in 308 and 243 and think it is outstanding.

Nosler sorts and uniforms the brass for you. Other than that, I see no real advantage. I have shot Nosler in both 22-250 and 243 and can honestly say that they are not as durable as Lapua or Norma. I'm not sure if it is true but I've heard that Nosler brass is made for them by Federal.

Personnaly, if I'm going to spend that amount of money I go to lapua/norma.

Suprisingly my 300 RUM grouped better with nosler brass than it did with remington brass. Both new, same charge, same length. Maybe it was me.

I have used it and been pleased with it in .204 Ruger and .270 Winchester.

Lapua/Norma it is not, but it is 3rd best IMO.

I generally look to Nosler when Lapua or Norma don't make what I need or are not available.

I am currently using it in my .300 mag. Compared to WW, I would say that it is alot less prep time and it is more uniform. I haven't shot it enough yet to determine its life. My last batch of WW brass got 7-8 firings before the primer pocket got to loose.

I was told by the boys at APA, that Nosler brass is manufactured by Norma, FWIW.

ran some nosler in my 300 rum and it was great. the stuff I ran in my surgeon 6.5-284 would not eject. the lapua brass I ran was great in the surgeon. wish Lapua would extend there line to 300 rum and 300 wsm. norma makes good brass in 300 wsm,

I tried it to fire form .243AI, got 5 out of 5 neck splits. sold the 2 boxes I bought.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.