Brass brands

jmason

I have been using Winchester brass for my 270 win. I cannot find any Winchester brass for sale anywhere. My question is how much load reworking is caused by having to change brands of brass? If I buy Remington is there enough difference to force me to have to start all over?

The only way you will ever know is to try it,you might get lucky and have close to the same interior case capacity.But then again,it could be way off.I guess if you can't find anymore Winchester brass,then you don't really have a choice,you will have to try something else.I would recomend buying plenty,so you don't run into this again,the way components have been lately,you just never know.

Last edited:
I recently put that same question to a respected old timer reloading acquaintance and he said "there was as much as a grain of powder difference between the two" and "you could visually see the difference in the powder level in the case". This is all heresay and probably shouldn't even be taken with a grain of salt let alone powder! Hmmmm......I'm seeing the need for a brass swapping forum?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.