nosler 300 rum brass available

i did a bit of testing today with the remington brass maybe mine were too hot i was avg 3325 fps wth a 200 AB out of a 31.5" barrel plus 2.5 " of muzzle break not sure how that works anyway 34" total i dropped them down to 92 gr retumbo and it was right at 3210 fps and i fired the same case 5 times with no problem pockets were still tight the bolt closed a little hard so i bumped the shoulder back on it fired it again and it stuck i tried to rechamber it and it was very tight so i bumped the shoulder back again put a primer in it and it was pockets were still tight fired it again and it stuck again so i quit i geuss i work hardend the brass anyway i shot it 7 times without the primer pockets loosening

by the time i got done it was getting to dark to chronogragh so i dont know if i lost or gained any speed with the new brass but it sure was alot easier just pulling the brass out of the box and loading it

I haven't really had problems with how long the Rem lasts--mainly because I bought so **** much of it most cases had only been loaded 3-4 times. And when working up loads, if I get a nice, shiny ejector mark I'll toss that case and the one fired one grain below it. Though one gripe I hope the Nosler won't show is "phantom" or "fake" ejector marks that show up when you're nowhere near max. That would be nice. Time will tell.

One of my many gripes with the Rem brass has been with the primer pockets giving inconsistent seating feel even when brand new! You just know that some cases will get loose before others even if you treat them identically. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I primed a few Nosler yesterday and they all felt the same--and quite a bit more firm than new Rem brass.

Don't get me wrong, I not saying this stuff is "better than Lapua" (who does that sound like? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) or even as good as whatever brand available for other calibers or anything of the sort. Just that Rem brass left much to be desired. We all wanted an alternative that was better. This is what we've got, take it or leave it. So far I feel it's better in enough ways to justify the price. I'll let the evaluation of just how good it is fall to others who have more experience with various brands in different calibers.

My last box of Rem I weight sorted...the spread was 5 grains. I started doing that with a box of Nosler and only got about 1/2 way through before I got bored and quit. The heaviest and lightest up to that point were only 1 grain appart. Not necessary anymore! My time is money, I'll gladly pay a few pennies for stuff like that.

Jon A,
Now all is left is to see if that brass will allow you to group as nicely as you did with Remington Brass. If it does, we've all go it made!
Thanks!

Brian, could you possibly fill a Nosler and Remington fired case to the brim with water and see what sort of capacity difference there is?

The one thing I hate about the Nosler Custom Brass 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is that it comes <font color="red"> PPP - Pre-Poorly Primed </font>

It's universally accepted on many gun forums that the Nozler brass is far superior to Rummies shiny stuff.

You can also get Rem - 300 Remington brass far cheaper than from Midway.

When I outside neck turn the Rem brass, it's a major chore. The Nozler cleans up fast.

There is some on order right now for me and BJ, there will be a little left over so that we will have for sale. IF it sells good then we will order in a bunch and run it on here for a good price.

take it easy
steve

[ QUOTE ]
Brian, could you possibly fill a Nosler and Remington fired case to the brim with water and see what sort of capacity difference there is?

[/ QUOTE ]

remington held 116 gr of water and the nosler held 114.7

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.