Norma vs Win brass in WSM

Troy

Is the Norma brass in WSM far superior to the Win brass in said case.

I know that my 6.5/.284 Norma brass is extremely consistent but that does not mean that they all are. I buy 6mm BR Lapua brass and it is excellent. I just bought some 6.5/.284 Lapua and the neck thickness varies almost .002.

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: Troy Glass ]

I use Norma brass in my 300wsm 1000 yard BR guns.And I do zero case prep.My gun does not have a tight neck chamber.I shot brass from 3 different lots last year.And could not tell any difference on paper at 1000 yards...As for Norma being better than win brass...IMHO I say yes.Much better...

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Thanks Boyd I was hoping you would comment since I knew you had been shooting the 300 WSM for awhile.

Norma has closer tolerances by far. I have to throw away at least twice as many Winchester brass than Norma, due in great part to case weight. Norma also lasts me longer, I have trouble with the Winchester brass swelling just above the rim.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.