No Nonsense Navy Seal Addresses NRA Convention

I'm fortunate enough to have been able to know a bunch of these guys and train with them a bit in some shooting drills and for the most part they all have the same attitude , very confident and proud , not realy cocky but you know the ability is their but at the same time they are very humble and don't like to be called heros or anything like that.
The Navy SWCC "swik" has a special boat unit hear in my mome town area , along with weight training with these boys we get togther and party some as well as shoot ALOT and as the SEAL teams rotate through and train with them I get to meet and become friends with them also.

Unfortunatly I just sent several boat loads (no pun intended) back to Iraq. Several of them had submitted their form 1's with the ATF so hwen they get back I'm sure I'll be busy building their personal suppressors.

Mr. Latrell is in my oppinion a true hero and has gone above and beond the call of duty to ensure all of our freedom

"swik"

Hey James,

My nephew is in the Navy special boat unit maybe youve trained,shot and drank with him before.
Now wouldnt that be something :)

Havent talked or heard from him in awhile hope he's doing ok.

Take it easy and Good Shooting!

Maybe , I know that their are several differant units , the one down here is SBU 22 "River Rats" stationed at Stennis Space Center , they just reciently got re-deployed to Iraq.

I remember the first time I met some real life SEAL's , I was like "thats it" , I was expecting some big swole up guys like 6'4" 275lbs and these boys were all maybe 6 foot tall and 200lbs at the most but for the love of god were they in shape , 3 of them beat the hell out of myself and 3 buddies that had a little summer time beach volly ball team.
All the training I have gotten to do with them has been vehical assults and deployments and CQB , we let them train with us as cops and they let us train with them as military , kinda cross training I guess.

I have a younger cousan thats in Iraq right now as a Marine sniper and his ambition is to get into the SEAL's , I'm certain he has the brains, mantality and skill to do it but their is alot more to those boys that meets the eye its somthing that they do because they truely love it and live for it.

Yep , it is nice and I feel truely blessed to have the chances to take advantage of my training and share/learn with others. I'm fortunate enough to have alot of friends and family who are military and security contractors , getting to go to some of the schools they do geard toward their job arena rather than the ones that are offer to the general public and generaly law enforcement is pretty cool and helps to open up job oppurtunities in some very well paying fields if you don't mind traveling , unfortunatly my soon to be 4 yr old and wife are completely against it.

Several years back when the SWCC boat crew made Stennis Space Center their new home they used our range at that site alot for both training and personal shooting , five years ago soil samples showed that the lead content in the area was way to high and it would need to be cleaned up , our little club can't even entertain the cost of doing that so the Navy offered to take over the range , ever since its been all up hill , they have extended it to 500 meters and deconed the berms and rebuilt them and our dues haven't even gone up. I keep trying top get in one some boat rides when they train on the water but thats a no go , their boats have the realy cool guns like dual post mounted 240's , M2 50's and a mini gun

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.