Nikon Scope Repair

Idaho Shooter64

Dropped my 338 Win Mag this year Elk hunting sent my Nikon 4-12x40 in for repair. Within 3 weeks got a quote of $75 plus $12.50 shipping. I told them to fix it 2 weeks later I got a brand new scope they said my old one was unrepairable. My scope I sent in was at least 15 years old. I would say that is some pretty good customer service.

Leupold Service Story:

My buddy, who is a new hunter, let his rifle slip out of his hand from the top of a ladder stand. The rifle picked up plenty of speed before the scope (not the rifle) slammed into one of the steel rungs. Ocular lens was SMASHED to pieces and you could see right down the main tube. Rear metal ring was dinged in pretty bad.

I sent the scope back to Leupold with a letter telling them how the scope came to be so badly damaged and offered to pay for the repairs.

Two weeks later the scope arrive from Leupold's repair shop. The scope looked like new again. I fully expected to pay the costs of this repair and my buddy was happy to get his rifle back so quickly.

When I opened the invoice, the amount due was ZERO. They did't even charge for shipping. NOW THAT"S GOOD SERVICE! I think I'll be looking @ Leupolds first when I'm looking for a new scope.

tragedy with leupold service...

I sent from México a 12X that was all fogged up to Leupold to change the adjustments to target turrets and now they wont sent it back to me, I call that stealing... they wont even sent it back throught the Leupold representative(dealer)in México. that a no, no to Leupold. never again.

love the nikons. and NSX´s

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.