Nikon quality?

kc

I have a kid a few houses from me and is saving up money for next Deer season and is planing to buy a new scope and he was asking me about NIKONS (4x9x40) I just cant up and say yes or no...What are your opinions?
I use BURRIS and like them, and they have worked just fine with me.

I have a PILE of various Nikon Monarchs and Pro-staffs. I think the Pro-staffs are a great scope for the basic hunting rifle that will not be dialed up and down for shots. I have them on several rifles and slug guns with no issues.

I also have several Monarchs on rifles that get dialed, again, no issues. Pretty much if it doesn't wear a Nightforce, it wears a Nikon in my safe!

I think Nikon's are a lot of glass, for the money. I had previously been stuck on the idea that Leopold and Burris was the place to be on the price performance curve. Recently I put a Team Primos (outdated Monarch) on an 18" .308 and I'm real happy with it.
The "Spot On" software would be an easy way for a newbie to get up to speed on BDC. I'm seeing great correlation with live fire.
Nikon Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology Program

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.