optical quality Bushnell 3200, Nikon Monarch, Burris Fullfield, Leupol

superlite17

Which has the better optical quality Bushnell 3200, Nikon Buckmaster maybe Monarch, Burris Fullfield, Leupold VX II?

Hello everyone, I followed a recomendation here and looked at the Mueller 8.5-25×50AO WOW! The pricing is great, they say full-multicoated, etc, etc... of course there are scopes at Harbour Freigh that say that also. Anyway, anybody use these?

Thanks - Rod

Mueller is one of them for the $$ scopes.I had a 4-14 that was better than a Simmons but not as good as a Leupold VXll and a VXll is below my expectations of a scope.
Nikon Monarchs are good scopes and all I have looked through where in the VXlll class or better!!They say bushnell makes a good scope these days but I just cant get past the scopes of old and the elivation adjustment is almost always lacking.

Nikon monarch and leupold vxII are not in the same league as the others.
I have a 3x9-50 leupold vxII that is a very bright scope better than a 5.5x16.5-44 nikon monarch.And i'd say the resolution is equal.

I also have a swift premier 4.5x14-44 that i really like a lot.Very pleasant to use -your eye lines up in the scope easily no searching for a sight picture.
I hear mueller is better than swift but -no- hands on expierence.
For a low to midrange scope the nikon buckmaster w/ side focus is hard to beat , I have a 6x18 on a 22-250 and like it a lot.-Mike

I have a Nikon Monarch a Burris Signature Select and a VXIII that are almost identical in optical quality. Too bad the VXIII is about $200 more than the other two.

[ QUOTE ]
Nikon monarch and leupold vxII are not in the same league as the others.
I have a 3x9-50 leupold vxII that is a very bright scope better than a 5.5x16.5-44 nikon monarch.And i'd say the resolution is equal.

Your not comparing the same optical specifications thus your perception of brightness is invalid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.