bushnell 3200 vs. nikon buckmaster

reed

Just got a savage 7mm mag going to use a carry gun go to for closer shots to 500yds. Which has better glass, turrets, etc. I've always used luepold. Just don't want to put alot of money into this gun.

Travis

THe Glass on the Buckmaster is definately better than the 3200! I have had good luck w/ the adjustments on my buckmaster scopes and they seem to be plenty durable

does the nikon hold zero when turret turned back to zero. I've never used one. Are the clicks firm.

Like I said, I have had good luck with the adjustments. I have a 6-18 that is operateing well with the turrets and I had a 3-9 x 40 that the adjustments were quite good as well. However I have never actually used a 3200. I have compared the Monarch, Buckmaster, 3200 and 4200 several times and I am confident that the buckmaster has better glass than the 3200. I also think the Monarch has better glass than the 4200. There are many faithfull 3200 fans on the site, so I'd read on. I am willing to give my opinion and experiences but I don't mean to say that they are the gosple - they are just that, opinions and experiences ;)

Good luck.

I have no experience with the 3200 but I do have a Buckmaster 6-18 x 40 that is fantastic for the price. Clicks are firm and return to zero never fails.

I have the Bushnell 3200 5x15 Tactical with target turrets and mil dot and i love it. Ive only used it once out at the range. gun)More use is coming this weekend. The clicks on the turrets are very noticeable, both by feel and hearing. Very clear, bright picture. My previous scope was a BSA 3x9, which was worthless. But thats another story in its self. When it all comes down to it, your the one spending the money. I would go and look and touch one, just to see which one you would like. Bushnell get my vote.

Both are good, safe choices. I've really only sold the 4-14x40 mildot Buckmaster in quantity and the feedback has been excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.