Nikon Buckmaster Vs Vortex Crossfire

antikythera

Hello everyone! I thought I would finally sign up and make my first post after being a lurker for so long.

Would anyone recommend a scope to me from each brand that would be good for long range target shooting? (possibly will hunt deer later on) Do you prefer one or the other?

Much appreciated!!

Hello everyone! I thought I would finally sign up and make my first post after being a lurker for so long.

Would anyone recommend a scope to me from each brand that would be good for long range target shooting? (possibly will hunt deer later on) Do you prefer one or the other?

Much appreciated!!

For the money the 4.5-14 buckmaster is hard to beat. I have had a few over the years and all where clear, tracked well and where great scopes overall.

I have been told I am a vortex bobo but I would go buckmaster as I cant say anything bad about the one I have. turrets are accurate and with the mildot reticle you can hold over

Ive owned 3 6-18x?? Nikon buckmasters and not a single 1 tracked. On those scopes I was using holdover so It wasnt a huge deal. When contacting Nikon I was told it was something you deal with to get the price of the buckmasters

The Vortex Crossfire2 tracks wich is pretty much the trump card.

my only experience with buckmasters is the two 3x9s i have. There ok scopes. Nothing spetacular in the optics dept and one thing i really dont care for is the thicker then normal crosshairs in them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.