Nikon Prostaff 7 vs Nikon Monarch 3

Erichbean

New to the forum. Help me out.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between a Nikon Prostaff 7 & a Nikon Monarch 3. Both are 2.5-10x50. One is BDC, the other is Nikoplex. The specs look very similar, so what are the differences?

Basically, the only difference you'll notice is the Prostaff 7 has a 30mm tube compared to the Monarch which is 1". The Monarch might have slightly better glass. But that's about it. Nikon no matter which model seems to have repeatable turret adjustments, so I wouldn't worry about that....

G, You are mostly correct. The MONARCH 3 also is a 1 piece tube and the glass coating's are better then the ones on the PROSTAFF 7. I haven't had my hands on a PROSTAFF yet but have heard nothing but good things from those who have. I have a number on MONARCH 3's and 5's which I am very happy with. If you are going to turn knobs I would get the PROSTAFF 7, a lot more internal adjustment with the 30mm tube. If you want to use the BDC reticle with Spot On go for the BDC. Both scopes can be used eith a Nikon Custom Turret too.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/MONARCH 3/MONARCH3.png

G, You are mostly correct. The MONARCH 3 also is a 1 piece tube and the glass coating's are better then the ones on the PROSTAFF 7. I haven't had my hands on a PROSTAFF yet but have heard nothing but good things from those who have. I have a number on MONARCH 3's and 5's which I am very happy with. If you are going to turn knobs I would get the PROSTAFF 7, a lot more internal adjustment with the 30mm tube. If you want to use the BDC reticle with Spot On go for the BDC. Both scopes can be used eith a Nikon Custom Turret too.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/MONARCH 3/MONARCH3.png
Just giving a basic overview of the two scopes. Having owned both, the 30mm tube on the Prostaff, quickly outperformed any lens coating that is "claimed" to be better on the Monarch.

Both scopes have 70 minutes of travel. And are very repeatable...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.