Nikon on Rem LA ?

Lonnie

I have a Remington Sendaro in 7MM Remington Mag. I am needing to put a scope on. I am thinking Nikon Monarch, for a couple of reasons. Have on on a 7mm-08 and like it, also some very good prices on these right now. But I am wondering how do you mount a Nikon on a Remingtom long action, as it seems the scope tube iis too short ?

Thanks, Lonnie

Well you can use a one piece piccatinny rail and that will fix any short tube troubles or you can use regular rings and bases and use the extension rings for them.

My vote goes for the one piece piccatinny rail as they are MUCH more versitile in your mounting options and you can get one with the added 20MOA which your gonna need for shooting long range with that Nikon

I had a Nikon monarch 5.5-16.5 mounted on a Rem 700 bdl 30-06 using standard 2 piece Leupald bases and mounts. I have to say that I was very limited in the range because of the 40 inches at 100 max adjustment on the scope. If you go that route, use Leupald bases and Burris Sig rings w/ incerts.

Well you can use a one piece piccatinny rail and that will fix any short tube troubles or you can use regular rings and bases and use the extension rings for them.

My vote goes for the one piece piccatinny rail as they are MUCH more versitile in your mounting options and you can get one with the added 20MOA which your gonna need for shooting long range with that Nikon

i second the one piece base.
and make sure you get a 20MOA base to make up for the nikon's lack of adjustment.

I just put one of the 'new' monarchs on a 300win and the glass and tracking have been very good so far...

I put a Nikon 3-9x40BDC on my Mod 70 7RemMag 26". It works great. I really like the s cope, seems high quality. Only thing I dont like is if I move it only one click to fine tune the shot placement the scope takes two shots to settle in. Then I can get 3 or 4 shot cloverleafs with the Hornady 139SST. I sighted it in on 6x at 2" high at 100, with the BDC I am supposed to be good for 600y. I'll see how well that all translates on Oct 7-8 when I go for antelope here. From my scouting last week it seems my shots might come from 250 to 400y.

Good luck on yours with one pc base. I wish I had done that.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.