Nikon Promotion on Longrange scopes

Bman940

Ok cool ..what nikon would you recomend for my 300 rum shooting 230 bullets for 1000 to 1500 yard range. Oh yeh i almost forgot i like target turrets so i can dial for my shot. Thanks.

Is Nikon going to update the Monarch X? Nikon has pretty good glass, but when will they bring a scope they really does cater to the LR shooter? Thanks.

JR, The MONARCH X is on hold right now, I hope just being re-evaluated. It has excellent glass and a line of scope's I have enjoyed for a long time. As far as a scope built for 1000-1500 meter shooting, I do not think we have such a scope. That would require a lot of internal MOA to reach that distance. I do know guy's who shoot 1000 using a 10X scope but I'm not one of them. I like at least 12 for 600 meters.
Timmy, We have some excellent scopes in the MONARCH line that will let you make accurate longrange shots. You can even get a custom turret dialed into your specific ammo. The .300 RUM is very popular among our custom Turret customers. Check out the MONARCH in 3-12 and 4-16 Nikoplex. I am a fanof the BDC reticle and using Spot On to enhance my accuracy. I recently harvested a Ks. doe at 586 yards using the BDC and my .300 Win.
Both of those scopes are under the Promo going on right now as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.