Nikon buckmaster 6-18 side focus

britz

Just purchased a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 x 40 side focus in Nikoplex. I haven't had time to test it since it is 25 below the last few days and windy. I did give it a whirl off my countertop and bipod/ rear rest at a sign about 500 yards away. The adjustment seems good so far. I will keep people posted when I test it on my 300wsm at the range (only 200yards but it will have to do. I got it for 275 new!

Went to the 200 yard range today and the scope seemed good so far (not that much of a test but so far the tracking seems to be good. Impacts moved 3 " when I dialed 3 ". Seems to be almost as clear as my Monarch.

I sold one a couple of months ago b/c it was just sitting around.

For the money -i consider it the best bang for the buck to be had -and at $275 -you did good......

Mike, How is your custom project comming? Glad to see you got the buckmaster sold. Looking back at it, I wish I'd have purchased yours instead of going to E-bay. I don't have any problems with it, just the thought of dealing with ebay.

Two complaints I have are the croshairs being a little too thick for my taste adn I've been haveing a little trouble getting used to 1/8th clicks rather than 1/4. Just my own stupid habits lol!

I've got one of those on a Savage 12BVSS 223. I really like my nikon buckmaster 6-18. I can easily see the targets out to 1000 yards, not that I can hit them, but at least I get to see them. I recommend this scope to everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.