Nikon Black FX1000

rickgod1

New to the forum - have searched for any other posts about this and didn't see anything. Hopefully you all can help.
Just took the fx1000 out to zero my rifle. Once I had zeroed I remove the elevation turret as well as loosened the 3 screws on the zero stop. With the 3 screws loosened tried spinning the zero stop to the locked position. It will rotate a quarter turn freely and then it engages the turret and moves my zero..? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Rick

If you haven't found our answer:
There's 3 set screws in the zero-stop ring also. Loosen, turn stop clockwise to the stop, tighten screws, re-install turret, done.

yes - thanks! I figured out my problem with the zero stop. Update - took it to the range last week and zeroed withing 4 shots. Then went to 350, 450 and 650. Both the gun and scope worked flawlessly. Shooting factory nosler trophy grade 165gr. accubond. 2 three shot groups 1/2" moa at 200yd.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.