Nikon BDC or mildot

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by silvertip-co, Feb 3, 2008.

1. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

2. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

Neither, just learn how to "click" and leave the fluffy reticles alone .
    UB

3. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

Get a turret made for your load. I am not a fan of the Nikon circles at all. I like something that has fine lines or fine dots.

4. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

I agree the + is way to thick on the BDC. i have two and i'm going to sale both of them.

5. silvertip-co

I spent two hours scoping the back 40 with my current BDC scope and maybe them circles aint so big and thick and bad after all. I just need to shoot more with it, then maybe go for the 4.5-14 side focus as my rifle/ammo cries out for more MAGnification. Hmmm...

6. GSoD

GSoD Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased with my Nikon Mildot. I bought a BDC but sold it after looking through it a second time.

7. silvertip-co

I looked thru a high quality mildot scope at a gun show recently and noticed that the mildots were very hard for me to detect unlike the BDC circles. I am a glasses bifoacal wearer and I think if I were sighting THAT mildot scope on a dark object that the dots wouldnt be visible at all to me. Can you comment on how visible the Nikon dots are? Thanks.

8. GSoD

GSoD Well-Known Member

I have used them just before total darkness for holdover on a hunt. The cavet being that I don't wear glasses and actually have a little better than average eyesight.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I did just the reverse. Really like the "circles".