Nightforce vs Swarovski

swamprat26

Interested in the NF TS 82 or the Swarovski STS 80. I have looked through both but in a city environment they are identical. Does anyone here have field time with both of these that could give an opinion. Most reviews I have read were positive on both models. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Both are great . The NF is made by Meopta, same as the Cabelas Euro series. Swarovski is the best in my opinion, but only you can decide if you want to spend the money.

I ran the Swaro ATS 80 HD for years (about 7) Then bought the TS-82. It is hard to see the difference until you go to the top power. I was always backing the Swaro off of 60X a little to get clearer images. The Nightforce I run at 70X quite often. That is why I am still using the NF TS-82

Jeff

I ordered the ts82 angled package with the new nightforce carbon fiber tripod. Should be here Monday. Thanks for the input.

So far so good. Very clear, durable and easy to use. Really like the tripod. The only negative is the scope coat. It is very hard to remove and install. But I have only played with it around the house. Can't wait to try in the field.

So far so good. Very clear, durable and easy to use. Really like the tripod. The only negative is the scope coat. It is very hard to remove and install. But I have only played with it around the house. Can't wait to try in the field.

How can you comment on durability if it hasn't left the house?

How can you comment on durability if it hasn't left the house?

I guess because it feels solid and I could use it to beat someone in the head with. Even leaving the house with it won't prove durable unless I'm willing to wack a tree with it to see. With the scope coat it comes with it probably survive a fall from a plane and an Isis attack.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.