swarovski vs. nightforce

bucknutz

i have a 1"tube av 6x18x50 swarovski with max47 moa total vertical abjustment that has no rev counter and tgt turrets are not available.considering a trade for nf or other ,i would like tgt turrets but not willing to sacrafice "much" in optic quality for about. same $$$ @1k IOR ? other ? how is the nf in low light? it gets confusing spinning dial past one revolution at only(475yds)then back "how many turns" to 100yd zero. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bucknutz,

If you can get your hands on a nightforce, you won't be disappointed. Best $1300.00 I ever spent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Murf

last chance to save the swarovski, does anybody know of an aftermarket tgt turret or a place that installs them for above scope? swaro direct does not.i'm also watching the 58% for nf as of now, recomendation on the adjacent post.

Does the SWAROVSKI take a forklift to haul around like the Nightforce? If so you won't be disappointed! Any sheep hunters out there that PACK a Nightforce on there sheep rifles? If so, "You da MAN"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

that is true!!!this swaro is 20oz,and complete rig is 9.1lb,with sling,sunshade and lens caps...32+oz or so for the nfx tank ! looking at one today and their pricetag is even heavier yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif but i did score on nfx 20moa base i am looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess just a few of us wimps like me left that still hunt with a lite weight hunting rig. I don't pack any rifle with my two feet that weighs over 10 pds ready to hunt. I find that a lite wieight barrel is good for a first shot hit, I usually don't need good tight groups on an animal. Mostly a good bullet placed on the shoulder has so far worked for me. Ya See being a meat hunter (meaning, flesh eats better than horn or hair)I have found that I have to carry the rifle more than I get to shoot the rifle. I bet you have figured out by now that these rifles are kinda like the clubs that the boys who play cow patty pool use not everyone can be used to put it in the cup (so to speak)Thats why I favor using a pistol to replace a sword, a target rifle to punch holes in varmits and paper and a hunting rifle to put meat on the table. But hell, I just love'em all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you fellas are only worried about weight, get a neoprene sling. The neoprene stretch type sling will more than offset the felt weight difference between the NXS and any other (lighter) quality scope.

Just my .02

Murf

I'm not knocking either but you should take a look at IOR's scopes , they have several tactical style and are every bit as clear and bright as the Ski and NF and theiur cheaper if I'm not mistaken you can get a 6-24x50 with 30mm tube for less than a grand. and their alot ligher than the NF
BUT fi your looking for the best out their go ahead and get a S&B the best 2k you'll spend

daveosok, there ya go! thanks dave i did a search and swaro is not listed so i sent them an e-mail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifany others????? under 10lbs is mandatory on weight! i too hunt for meat,the only trophy i got was a p&y 138 6/8 whitetail at "15yds". i dont know why 500+ yds is so facinating to shoot? i just got the "bug" and my allen precision shooting rig is getting nearer.i can't shell out $1500.00 for a nfx now and the swaro needs turrets or a near even trade.still looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif haven't found an ior dealer yet to "see"them

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.