Nightforce shv 5-20x56 or leupold vx6 4.5-24x52

WylieTx107

'm torn between these two scopes for a 280ai. Rifle will be used for everything from target shooting to predator hunting to elk hunting. I want dial turrets lots of power. But user friendly and I like the low power of these two because I usually predator hunt at night so shots are pretty close. 25-50 yards. Also there is no place around here to physically look at these scopes without driving 100 miles. So will probably bought site unseen. I am looking for first hand experience. Thanks

I've looked at both side by side, I would take the VX-6 over the SHV, I thought the glass was better, I did like the NXS better than both! the VX-6 is actually is a 4-24 hince the (6), it's a 6 times magnification, I ended up going with the VX-6 3-18-44, external MOA vert & hor. turrets, nothing but positives for this scope so far, tracks great, not as big and bulky as the 4-24 VX-6 or the NXS, ended up putting it on my new Cooper 7mm!

I finally went and looked through a few night force scopes yesterday. I have decided I'm going to save up and go with a nxs. Just waiting on the right deal for one with the moar reticle. Thanks for the replies.

Cabelas is the best place. I went Friday to a place up the road from me that had a nxs f1. It's real nice but their prices are way to much. They have lots or expensive toys and a 1000 yard range. Just to much for this country boy.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.