Newcon rangefinder

elkstalker300

Just ordered the newcon 2000 pro range finder today, I will let everyone know how I like it with regular updates. $498.99 inc. shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm considering one so I'll be watching closely to see what your experience is with it. I can't seem to find out much about them. Would anyone rate them over the Lieca 1200 or Bushnell 1500?

I read on here that a guy got his to accurately range to 1500 yards and he did rate it above the leica. I looked at all the rangefinders and decided to go with the swarovski and man I'll tell ya it's one fine piece of work. I had the Rx4 and it was a p.o.s.. I get the laserguide to routinely range to 2100 yards. Beleive me its worth the money.

Hello I recently purchased a newcon pro 2000 and am very pleased with it. I can range buildings in perfect conditions to almost 3000 yards!! I took it to the field yesterday and was able to easily range cows, deer to 1000 yards which was the furthest I had a chance to range..

What I need is a rangefinder that will consistantly range deer and antelope to 800 yards in most conditions. Will the Newcon do that? I've had rangefinders in the past that would range out to 600 to 700 yards if everything was perfect, but when things weren't perfect they wouldn't go much past 275 yards. That was totally unacceptable as far as I was concerned. I just don't want to get burned again.

My swarovski will range deer to about 1200-1500 yards depending on the conditions. I will range them in foggy conditions to about 1000. Plus the glass is incredible. On the new compact leica it's glass isn't as good as the old bulkier one. I really don't see how you could go wrong on this one. Shawn Carlock uses his on a regular basis.

Well I just checked UPS tracking and my rangefinder will be here tomorrow, but I wont have a chance to play with it till monday. I am going to Phoenix (Cabelas) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif over the weekend. Will post my findings tuesday

I did some testing on these units last year. The laser is stronger than a bushnell but the distance ratings are very generous if you are looking to use on soft targets. If you are needing a 2000 you may want to think about the 4000

1st test (Monday 19th Feb)

Got back from Phoenix about 3:00pm and unloaded my stuff from Cabelas and Sportmans Warehouse, and the wifes luggage.

Opened the box from UPS, Rangefinder came with pouch and also a rechargeable 9v battery so I put that on charge and installed a reg. battery. Kinda read thru the instructions and went outside (Dam rain) stood under the eave of the front door and ranged a hayshed at 814m. Went inside (dam its cold)read some more instructions. About 5:15pm went out the back door and ranged a house at 1150m and a single pinon tree on top of a hill at 1334m (1459yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)
Thats all tonight, tomorrow I'm going to my elk hunting canyon to range the hillside and maybe some elk, will post more tomorrow night.
Conclusion so far:1- Very compact and light weight
2- Instructions are easy to understand
3- Dont think the black readings will be
a problem

elkstalker300, do you have an antelope or mule deer near you that you could range and different times of the day? I will be very interested to see if that rangefinder can range deer (not trees) out to 1000 yards during the middle of the day.

Tuesday Feb 20

Went to my hunting canyon today right at 12:00 noon, didnt see any elk or deer but could get anything I tried to range, dang I didnt know it was 1500 yards to the top of that canyon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I ranged everything I could find (rocks, big trees, little trees and brush) and it picked up everything. On the way home I stopped and ranged a herd of cattle in a field, a newborn calf (couple of days old) 734 yards at 1:00pm with bright sun out. So far this rangefinder seems to fill my bill for ranging 1000-1200 yards. I hunt in an area that has alot of trees so if I cant get a range on an elk, I know he will be standing by a tree which I know it will range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.