Rangefinder?

Ed C

Is anyone using one of the leupold rx tbr rangefinders? Like the RX 1600i TBR? What do you think? What do you think of CDS scopes?

Is anyone using one of the leupold rx tbr rangefinders? Like the RX 1600i TBR? What do you think? What do you think of CDS scopes?
Hello Ed,
I bought a Leupold 1200 TBR last season. It is a nice compact unit and pretty accurate. I took it to
Texas last season where we hunt relatively flat So. Texas brush country. The only issue I had was trying to lock on targets at distances over 400 yds in this country. Personally, I found it difficult to hold steady enough when solid targets are far a few in between such as a lone tree or deer size target. Not sure if I am ranging the target or perhaps something in the background beyond I think the same would apply in the open prairies of the West. This will probably be the case with most others as well. In other terrain, where target acquisition
is more favorable, it is great. It will easily fit into a shirt pocket and a good choice if you do a lot of walking. I recently purchased a Newcon Optik LRM1800 rangefinder. Reason being it has a tripod adapter which I feel will steady up for better accuracy. I haven't really tested it in the field yet to form an opinion.

I have a CDS that Leupold made for my bullet on a V6 3-18 on top of a .300 Win Mag. I have only been able to try it out to 400 yds but the elevation was right there at all distances.
Sorry for the long winded answer to a short question.
Good Luck,
VC

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.