Rangefinder????

Hello Kamikazee;
I use the Bushnell Fusion 1600 10X binoculars. In fact Because they cost $800.00ish, I have two pairs.
Friends I hunt and shoot long range with have Ziess, Swaro and Leupold.
I have great things to say about all of them except the Leupolds. He leaves them at home now because he went out and got a set of the Fusions.
The Bushnells range very, very well, are very clear to look through and have some very nice options.
One I find that sets them apart from the Swarovski 8X30 and the Ziess binos is that those guys have to let go of the button to get the reading, with the Fusions you keep it held and steady and the numbers come up automatically.
The Bushnells have a focus adjustment for each eye and have Elite optics, so I have glassed along side the Ziesses and others for long periods of time without getting tired eyes.
The Bow drop calculator is very good. The rifle balistic program is a good general guide line that will get you close to what you need for the kill zone of a large animal, which is all it is meant to do.
Get your ballistics, hand held weather station, shoot to prove your load at 50 yard ranges out to the max of your capabilities and range your target with a good rangefinder and the rest is up to you.
But If you get a chance to try these Bushnell Fusions you can decide if they work for you or not.
All of my pals who have more and less costly models very much like them and have borrowed my scond set from time to time with confidence.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Hey thanks for all the input. That helps out a ton! I really hate to spend that kind of money again just to keep coming up short. I really appreciate it!

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but what do you guys find about the leica that tops the swarovski? In most of the threads, reviews, etc. that I've read, folks seem to prefer the swaro. Seeing three responses in a row quickly like that preferring the leica has got me rethinking this seriously.

Many of the threads you might be reading were generated before the introduction of the current eica CRF1600. Back then the Leica was a CRF1200 or the earlier Leica 900 and 1200 LRF scan ( flat models).

The game changed sgnificantly with the intoduction of the New Leica 1600

Jeff

I like the Swarovski alot more than the leica 1600, it ranges further easy and has better glass. Also holds steadier. I owned both and sold the leica.

I have both also but like the swarovski best. I keep the Leica 1600 for back up but i plan on up grading this year to a better rangfinder.

What model Swarovski do you guys like compared to the Leica 1600? I'm looking to buy a rangefinder soon. Also who would you purchase them from?
Thanks
Dennis

What model Swarovski do you guys like compared to the Leica 1600? I'm looking to buy a rangefinder soon. Also who would you purchase them from?
Thanks
Dennis

Denny, As far as a monocular RF there is only one current modle of Swar. The 8x30 Laserguide. However they have ecently released a RF / Bino combination unit. If you are close to buying a unit I suggest you use the search window in the upper right corner of this page and do some research on what unit and price best fits your needs. The 8x30 laserguide is dropping in value and there are some great buys on them used. Reason is shooters are learning about beam divergence and also there has been many great modles introduced in the market in the last few years.

Here are some modles to check out.

Leica 1600 ( hands down the best RF for the price of under $1000 new and sends a very sall beam. also offer temp and baro readings)

G7-BR2 from gunworks ( offers a bullet correction system for dial ups to your specific rifle)

Vectronix PLRF05 also called the Terripin ( killer unit that is ranging to past 4000 yards and has the smallest beam of all of them)

There is any and all info on this site about all modles. Do a search and you will soon know more about them all.

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the leica 1600 but saw people were liking the swarovski. I want the best rangefinder under $1000. And it looks like the Leica has a small beam to get on the small targets accurately like Coyotes. gun)

I want the best rangefinder under $1000. And it looks like the Leica has a small beam to get on the small targets accurately like Coyotes. gun)

Bingo!!! Especially in flat terrain, For yotes that are past 500 you will want to solidly rest the unit on sand bags. And I suggest this with any unit.

Good luck

Jeff

Last edited:
I have owned the swarovski, Zeiss,leica 1600 The swarovski,outranges the leica and is much easier to hold steady, for me under $1,000 the swaro is the best.The leica is very small for a long range rangefinder and is difficult in the field to hold steady at long range.For that reason I would take the zeiss 2nd choice.The leica is a great rangefinder but just not ideal to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.