new version of the loaders archive

I think it was metioned already about metric. I agree. A program of this caliber should have the option to use metric. Other than that its not bad. It looks cool and incorporates alot of neat ideas. I had used crack shot I think thats what it was called, and this one has vastly improved over it. To be blunt, the crack shot version was useful and a great idea yet lacked functionality. The reticle optimizer in this version is a dream. It does take out all the guess work. I dont know that I personaly have a need for some of the other features like the barrel life alylizer and putting pictuers in it I most likely wouldnt do and such but as far as the exterior ballistics aspect of it I would give it an A-. I would give it an A+ if it also used metric.

Just curious, why do certain fields change colors depending on if something is entered in it or differant colors are used for others???

Thank you very much for your input. Yes I have it on the list for the next version to include the metric system. Seems like several guys would like to use the metric system. If you can live without all the xtras I do have another version that only has 3 pages on the main form. It holds rifle, load, and velocity correction between chrony and muzzle and then the ballistics form which is identical. It also utilizes the BC look up and calc and also has the reticle analyizing form and zero changes. Some other stuff too but its a much trimmer and scaled down version.

As far as colors in the fields I assume you are refering to the angle of fire box and windage direction box. I have the angle of fire box change from a white back ground to a blue one as a visual aid to help me remember that there is something entered in that box. Many times I have calculated and printed ballistics and forgot something was entered there and wondered why my drop figures werent right. I added that to prevent any more mistakes.

The wind direction box is either white for 6 oclock and 12 oclock and red for a right hand wind and lime green for a left hand wind. L for lime and left and R for red or right. Once again just a visual aid. You also cannot enter 0, or anything that uses a negative or any number above 12 in wind direction. If you do the program automaticaly changes high numbers to 12 and low (0 or lower) numbers to 1.

I have been fooling around with this program all day. It is a very comprehensive program and it is relatively easy to use. I have always used Point Blank and have never had any problems. This program (Loaders Archive) is much more in detail and has some things Point Blank doesn't offer. I think this would be a great program with the before mentioned fixes (metric conversion, primarily). I would give the overall program an A. The price of the updates, when they are made available, will determine if it is A+ or A- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice program, Michael. I'll be in touch

Thank you for your positive comments! I welcome not so positive comments as well.

Remember, it is now set up so that an installer package has been added that will set up a desktop icon automatically. Also the runtime program has been seperated from the download file. This allows users to download the runtime program, install it and then download my setup program (which now takes a fraction of the time) and allows them to install my program. Also it is set up now so that when you install my program and you want to view what changes have been made by installing a "upgrade" that I will email users that wish to keep up with the changes, they will be able to install this and NOT loose their records and changes to their records. This will only take effect after the next time it is installed. In other words, if you installed it before 4-2-06 and installed the latest on 4-2-06 or later, it will wipe out your records. After that point, installing a new one will not wipe out your records.

A major change is listed below:

A range card maker has been added. It will generate cards based on either standard atmospheric conditions or sight in conditions. It will print (on the same page) a rectancular card (about the size of a buisness card) and a round card. 1 or both could be cut out. The card could be taped to the stock and the round one will fit inside most rear lens flip covers. The latest trial has been uploaded and includes the range card generator.

Thanks again!

Was playing with this program this weekend and am scratching my head on the spin drift feature. When the clock is set to 6 or 12oclock, the windage reads 0 all the way down dispite have checked the option to include spin drift in calculations. Am I doing something wrong?? Or is this how it is to be? Other than that, I like it. Will be downloading the next one with the range cards.

Good catch!

Yes you are correct. This was a mistake I caught Saturday. This HAS been fixed. The spin drift worked, but only with a number in the clock other than 6 or 12. Also humidity was added to the calculations in the reticle optimizer. If I havent mentioned it already, a range card maker was also added.

These changes have been installed into an installer package and uploaded already. Tomarrow a third link will be added to the web page for "updates". This will allow users to update the latest trial version daily without loosing any saved information they have created. This will only work for users who downloaded the program on 4-2-2006 at or about 2PM or later. Otherwise you will have to download the full version (again, and it will wipe out any saved data) and then from there on out any changes wont be wiped out during an installation of the update.

Just finished up USO's GAP and IOR's MP8. The latest is not uploaded yet. It maybe in a couple of days.

Screen Shots are below.

396696.jpg

396694.jpg

Just ordered my copy. Was wondering if other reticles were in the works such as the Ballistic Plex and Ballistic Mil-Dot. What about custom reticles including different Duplex reticles.

Also, what about allowing for changing the zoom of a scope? If my mil-dot is accurate at 10x I'd still like to be able to shoot at 16x.

I apologize if any of these questions have been answered already. I didn't see any of these things in the trial version.

Thank you for your support!

Ballistic Plex and Ballistic mil-dots are inline for the next version along with some other features.

I have been kicking around the idea of interfacing a power setting correction for the reticle optimizer. Not sure yet if I am going to do this or not but it will most likely happen. If it does, it will also be on the next version.

As far as custom reticles, it is possible to do. I havent got into that because a custom reticle is for 1 or 2 people. I would concider making a custom one for a specifec user. I am not sure what I would charge for customizing a program specificaly for someone but it would be affordable.

I mainly meant that a duplex reticle with its additional 1 or 2 aiming points could be used. Even if it was user programmable for how many MOA they are from the center of the crosshair.

I'll be a very happy camper when you get those Burris reticles up on there.

Even happier if you do the power correction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was in the works for quite a while making a blank template that was just crosshairs and up to 15 hold overs. Users selected how many holdovers they wanted and what the MOA values were and how ever many holdovers that was selected was all that was displayed. It kind of died out due to the imense amount of labor and headache that went into it. Its much easier to just interface a reticle with known hold over points. Plus the graphics are MUCH better.

Burris reticles are definatly going to come in time. I cant honestly say when but it will be this year. Most likley by August or September. Depending on the support of other shooters/hunters possibly much sooner.

I have also decided that the power setting correction will happen also. It may be January before that version comes out.

I'd like to express my interest on the burris reticle plus the power correction, that would be a very welcome tool!!

Cdog

Cdog,

I am glad you expressed your interest. I think some here have missed the point. I am trying to develop the best possible tool here for me and others. This month has been a golden opprotunity for other shooters voice what they want and need.

Obviously, some things are just too complex to interface in this short amount of time, and will have to be included in the next major overhaul.

Several ideas of other shooters and tools have been added scince this latest version's intro. Can and want to do more but getting feedback out of most users is not happining. The percent of users in relation to # of downloads is VERY small.

Basically, upgrades are going to happen on the next version in the order of demand. So far, (aside from key functioning features) better picture importing, metric and burris reticles are to be first.

Thanks again!

Meichele, congratulations on not only your product but your attitude as well. I can only see success in the future for you. As one programmer to another, please take the necessary time to doucment EVERY change as this and all software coutinues to be work in progress. Too many times small undoucmented changes come back to bite you where it hurts the most.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.