New trigger

Perhaps you could find a smith to do a trigger job which would be less costly. I have a local smith who does them for $70 and he does outstanding work.
Go with a timmney single stage at 1.5 lbs. Retails less than $150. These triggers be are a lot safer because they are not sear activated. The safety on these triggers prevent disengagement of the trigger. If the trigger weight is reduced on a standard sear based trigger, they can slam fire our discharge when dropped . Remington triggers are noterious for this.

Alright guys would really like your input. I have a Browning A bolt in 7mm stw. Am thinking of replacing trigger don't want to break the bank are there reasonable options available. $150 - $250 range.
Timney

MCarbo baby! Their trigger springs are supposed to be amazing. I have one for my xbolt I need to install.
I have an A Bolt Browning in .375 H&H Mag that had a trigger pull of 5 pounds. NO WAY was that acceptable. MCARBO offers a replacement spring for the A Bolts as well as X Bolts for $12.95 plus something like $5.?? for shipping. I installed one and it dropped my trigger pull down to 2 pounds. I also installed a spring kit that they offer for my CZ 452 .17 HMR that dropped the pull weight to just under 2 pounds. I even put one on a Marlin Mod 25 .22 WMR that did the same thing. I can't say enough good things about them. Their customer service is stellar and second to none. (Plus, $12.95 for an A Bolt trigger spring is one heck-uv-a lot easier to swallow that the $30 plus Brownells charges for a timney spring that does the same thing!) MCARBO is online. Check them out! They sell all kinds of other items as well!

I did my M700's (4) with Timney Calvin Elite. Wonderful improvement. Set all about 2lbs. Easy changeout. Midwayusa had mine in stock. Around 250/ set. Might be something you want to consider.

Alright guys would really like your input. I have a Browning A bolt in 7mm stw. Am thinking of replacing trigger don't want to break the bank are there reasonable options available. $150 - $250 range.
Buy a trigger tech and be done !! You will not be disappointed. Easy to adjust.

I would put a browning trigger spring kit in it I think that they come with a 2 lbs a 2.5 or a 3 lbs spring weights

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.