Remingtons new adjustable trigger vs a timney trigger.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by garyx, Feb 15, 2012.

1. garyx

garyx Member

Just bought a remington 700 with remingtons adjustable trigger. Is there a big difference between this and the timney trigger. How hard would it be to replace this with a timney trigger? The remington trigger dosent feel consistent to me.

2. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

It sucks, it sucks, and it also really sucks. This is the third generation of the pro mark 10. I am assuming you are talking about the one with the little Allen screw in the heel of the trigger. As far as the timmney, they are awesome. I don't know your abilities, but they are not difficult to replace or install. If you have ANY doubt, have a smith do it. Timmny is anise trigger, jewel triggers are THEE best. ANY of those two are better than the one you have . Swap out that trigger, you won't be sorry. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. lightbulb 7STW

3. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

The new Remington triggers are a improvement over the last ones but not as good as the old
    40 X triggers of old. But they are still factory triggers and are not as crisp as most after market
    triggers.

I have had good luck with them after honing the sear surfaces, but if you don't know the proper
    angles you can destroy them.

They will adjust down to less than 2 pounds but I would recomend 2.5 lbs for safety with the
    Remington. but with the Jewell and Timney weight is not an issue.

J E CUSTOM

4. garyx

garyx Member

Is there a huge difference between jewel and timney?

5. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

MUCHO! I wouldnt have a Timney in the house but am slowing converting everything to Jewell.

Keep the factory or move to a Jewell.

6. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

For the money, Rifle Basix triggers are no slouch.

7. garyx

garyx Member

Who has Jewel triggers. Seems like everybody out of stock for a remington 700

8. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Cant you get them direct from Jewell? Make sure you order one with the safety included.

9. teflonhunter

teflonhunter Well-Known Member

Timney is mucho better than the new stock Rem. trigger. If you have some mechanical ability the swap is very easy. I use them on my Rems. set about 2 to 2.25 pounds and they work well. Your groups should tighten up immediately upon first range trip with the timney.