New trigger for R-25

HNDLDR

I would like to improve the pull on this gun when I can afford it. I would like it to be in the two to three pound range. What does everyone think/recommend? What do I need to know to get the right one? I notice there are two pin sizes. How do I know what pin I need to measure?

The R25 takes a standard small pin trigger. The stock trigger was junk. I put a RRA Match trigger in my 7mm08 with a JP 3.5# spring kit. It's a nice two stage trigger that breaks like glass. Got and the spring kit from Brownells. I generally don't go lower then 3#in my AR's for reliability reasons.

Sounds good. Thank you for your responses. I will research those suggestions and see what will work for me.

The Geisselle SSA-E or AR15 Gold are some of the best I MO but I haven't had a chance to try Elfman or Hyperfire yet, but I have heard nothing but good from both. As far as an $$$$ friendly single stage solution, I have 2 rifles (.450 BM and .223) that have ALG QMS w/JP 3.5# springs. This combo can be put together for $60-65 and makes a crisp hunting trigger. Always trying to make something a little better, I bought an ALG ACT and used the same JP springs and was not as pleased. That setup had a bit of creep so it was quickly swapped back. Hope you find what's right for you.

I just upgraded to the Hiperfire 24C trigger and absolutely love it, it is phenomenal. The break is crisp and clean, there is a micro millimeter of creep in the trigger, that is almost un noticeable. But I actually find it helpful because it lets you ride the razors edge of break. Also the reset is very short and has a tactile and audible feedback.

The Hiperfire trigger is a non standard AR trigger, it uses a two spring design for the hammer, that produces an unusually hard hammer fall for a match grade trigger. The trigger comes with three spring kits for tuned weights.
The trigger is a little strange as far as design is considered, and complicates installation .
The trigger can either be a straight trigger with a "shoe" or a standard curved trigger.

The flat triggers shoe can be moved up and down about 3/8" and slightly adjusts the felt trigger pull.
I couldnt be happier with the Hiperfire, and since it runs the same price as competitors like Timney and Geissele you cant go wrong.

Geisselle SSA-E.... I have one in my RS556 it's a hammer, an unbelievable clean break, along with running pretty darn fast when you want to.
Cheer's

Attachments

• Copy of Ruger RS556 (1).jpg
    Copy of Ruger RS556 (1).jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 253
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.