Got my latest rifle back from Kirby a few days ago. Here are the specs
Remington 700 action blueprinted
Lilja #7 stainless fluted barrel finished at 30 inches
Remington laminate stock pillar bedded
Rifle basics trigger set at 1.5 #
Holland brake
Gretan firing pin assembly
Chambered in 7mm Allen Magnum
Nightforce 3.5 to 15 npr2 reticle, mounted in badger rings , mark 4 bases. Again I have to tip my hat to Kirby his work is second to none. So far i have only sighted it in at 100 and today had time to check my drop charts at 500 yards. They look to be right on. The big 200 grain wildcats cut a group of 2.4 . Hopefully i can get out this weekend and do some 800 and 1000 yard work. Enjoy!
ef30e55e.jpg

Here is the group from 500. Hope my wife doesnt miss her little bunny.
ef30eb46.jpg

Here is one of my other favorite Kirby built rifles. This one is a 257 stw ,same specs as the big 7mm AM only this one has an hs precision stock. Shoots 100 grain nosler bts into the 2s and 3s all day at 3900 fps. Gotta love it!
ef30ea26.jpg

good lookin rig, i am sure you wont be dissapointed in it. Looks like she is already getting the job done. I cant wait unitl our big 7mm comes in,

i am gonna have my 270AM re barreled to just about the same rig you have there.

A little more walking friendly

take it easy
steve

Great looking gun and I'm sure you're just gonna like it better as you shoot it some more. Those 200s are great at long range.

What twist is the barrel and what is the finished weight?

Looks like the bunny didn't stand a chance. First "kill" for your new 7mm AM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep us posted when you get some range time in with it at longer ranges.

It has a 1 in 7 twist barrel. Its a pretty heavy gal the way she sits i would guess its in the 12 to 13 pound range. It would be easy to shed some weight with different rings and glass. I cant wait to stretch her legs abit at longer range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hvyw8t,

Looks like she is working well for you already. Sub 1/2 moa is what I have come to expect from that girl.

I know she is in good hands, have fun and take care of that old girl. You know how much she means to me.

For everyone else, the reason I am so mushy about this rifle is because it used to be my personal rifle. We gave her an upgrade and face lift and now she has a new home. A good one at that!!

I think you will be happy as you stretch her legs even more!!

Kirby Allen(50)

hvyw8t,
Great looking rifle.Is it a single shot or can you still use the mag? Very good to know one can use a rem 700 action for the 7mm am. I thought you needed a custom action.
Regards
hjl

As I recall Harvey was 6' or better tall. Well that is one fat rabbit itself. Kirbys guns don't need that much help , put that silhouette on a diet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My 7mm AM is a single shot. There is a way to make it a repeater on the 700 action i believe. A repeater wasnt a priority for me. I think hs precision makes a different magazine box. Kirby would know for sure. As for the length on the 257 stw, it is a 30 inch barrel plus the brake which adds another inch or so.

Just got in from testing the big 7 allen mag at 800 yards. This group measures at 4.7 inches. Not a world record, but definately minute of elk. Will be stretching the big 7s legs at 1000 and 1200 this weekend i will report back. Cheers!
ef27ea2a.jpg

Lapua brass, 102 grains of us869, fed215m, 200 grain wildcat, 3.660 col. Good for right at 3200fps. The sound those big 200 grain pills make when they hit a rock is unbelievable, even at 800 yards. You will love it!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.