New to the site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve1197, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Steve1197

Steve1197 Member

Hey everybody,
    I am new to the site and I am new to the long range hunting. I am currently looking at purchaseing a 30-378 Weatherby to be my long range gun. I would appreciate any thoughts good or bad.
    Thanks

2. rtabor

rtabor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. I have been working at extending my shooting range for a while, but I sure don't know as much as a lot of the guys that regularly post here, so I'll just share what I can. I shoot a .300 WBY and I like it a lot. There is a good selection of 30 cal bullets to choose from, and it has real good velocities. Also, the 300 wby is easy to reload. I have heard the 30-378 is a bit harder to reload, though I couldn't tell you why. But it does have excellent velocity, and the same huge selection of bullets to choose from. I think the main thing is that you get a gun that you like a lot, get it shooting good, and then shoot as much as you can. There is something to be said about having a gun that you enjoy, not just a gun that someone tells you to get. So whatever you decide on, do it right and enjoy it.

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Recommendations:

Get it
    Tune it
    Shoot it, lots
    Wear it out
    by then you'll know what the next step will be.:)

4. load

load Well-Known Member

welcome!