New to loading

midmo

Hey guys,
Sorry to start another thread like this. I'm getting ready to start reloading for 30-06. What has been the best powder for this caliber? I know it will be different for different guns but I am not sure what powder to start out trying.

It depends on the weight of the bullet that you'll be shooting. I usually start with my Nosler manual...I look up the bullet weight and try their most accurate powder listed.
Good luck!

MId- what rifle? what scope? what are you shooting at? there are 286 reposnses 30-06 loads on 24hour campfire. a lot of good powders and bullets for the 30-06. also on riflemans journal several articles. varget, I4064 and H/I4895 for accuracy. H/I4350 for hunting or a little more velocity.

150gr or 165 gr. In the past my rifle shoots winchester gray box 150's and federal blue box 150's the best.

the rifle is a Marlin XL7. It is all factory original but I am getting ready to put a Boyd's Laminate stock for rigidity. It is a hunting rifle, but it does get trips to the range. The scope is a Redfield Revenge 3X9X42.

Nothing too fancy here...yet. I have been trying to find a left handed action to build a rifle but now twins on the way have slowed the process.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.