New scope level, what do you think?

I would like to offer a suggestion as an ex-machinist. Offer a premium product with a Stabila brand bubble vial. Customers with high end rigs will pay for quality. No offense but my carpenters levels are more accurate than the one in your product. The machining and design look great!

I wonder about the accuracy of all of my bubble levels.

I test my US Optics scope levels and have to true them to "level" with shims, with the vertical crosshair aligned on a plumb bob at 75yds. They mount to the rail and do need shimming to get true level.

Like the looks of these. Leveling would be easy with my methods. Just rotate and snug down.

Here's how they turned out:

NXYOTMo.jpg

As far as a different vial, I'm just really not sure what spending more would do? For example the Accuracy First model uses a fancy vial that is supposedly the most sensitive, but to what end. The faintest movement of the level moves the bubble around, and not as such a rate where I want to have a seizure watching it.

But, I do enjoy suggestions, input and discussions!

Nice idea and product.
Agree on the bubble vial. Anyone that thinks they're getting 0.000001% accuracy out of any 1/2" long bubble level has gone rogue with their analysis.
Yet they're still completely effective for preventing large rifle canting error.

I just realized, your design can be used in front of the eyepiece bell if needed and still operate and see the parallax knob.
Some of my scopes are so that I need to mount this way,especially on short actions.
Great.

I just got one, black anodized. Looks very well made and nicely finished. The big difference(besides lower cost) between this level and my Holland and Front Line is that the bubble/vial is smaller, with the bubble at about 1/4" round compared to the typical 1/2" oblong shape. Seems a bit faster and easier to center more precisely(for me), much like the MPA chassis level.

I ordered three 1" and 1 30mm.....forgot about the other 30mm I have....
But I ordered the poly.....nice liteweight and fit awesome on the scopes.....0413181918.jpg
don't want to play around having to flop one out to the side...what if it isn't fully deployed....these will work perfect for me....might have to get three more just to make sure I have one for all the scopes I have....

We've got 30mm models coming up soon! Worked on a fixture design all day yesterday so we can start cranking out a whole bunch at once.

Finally got out to shoot with the bubble on the rifle..was mainly forming brass...only 50 yards....
Watched the level with the left eye while targeting to keep things level...must have shot 20 times or so before I realized a really neat feature of the smaller frame level...
While watching crosshairs on the target..I opened my left eye and saw a new feature in the right side of the scope just above the horizontal hair......the bubblelevel appears right there...it seems to be set on the crosshair and can be absolutely crystal clear to see..
NO MOVING OF THE HEAD OR EYES...just look straight thru the scope and there it is...no need to move head to see the bubblelevel on the left side and above the side focus knob......
An amazing feat of the human eye....and since it has a flat surface on the level..you can actually set the bubblelevel to be perfectly parallel to the horizontal crosshair....wish I could take a picture of this....but its in your eyes....can't do it with a single focus camera...
TYLER MUST BE A GENIUS.......
And I really like the poly body levels....

Just received mine and mounted it, really nice shape and fits nicely just behind the bell of the scope ahead of the turrets! I like it a lot better than the levels where I have to cross my eyes to see it. Lol.
Nice product and they've been really good to deal with.

Received mine, the color matches the grandson's silver Leupold fairly well, kind of a silvery/gray. Quite easy to mount.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.