New scope level, what do you think?

Tyler Kemp

I wanted to update and enhance my current scope levels, here's what I came up with!

The main goals were a sleek, easy to install design that placed the level vial in an optimal position. Not stuck on top of the scope or partially behind a knob, and not hanging way out there waiting to snag on things.

The level vial is perfectly sensitive IMO, and encased in aluminum. I don't like a huge vial hanging out waiting to get busted, or one so sensitive the bubble is constantly moving around with the ever so slightest movement.

rTkHqmz.jpg

CwxzKsh.jpg

aO5Bd7v.jpg

Really nice job and design. I would buy one if you ever make them to sell.

I wanted to update and enhance my current scope levels, here's what I came up with!

The main goals were a sleek, easy to install design that placed the level vial in an optimal position. Not stuck on top of the scope or partially behind a knob, and not hanging way out there waiting to snag on things.

The level vial is perfectly sensitive IMO, and encased in aluminum. I don't like a huge vial hanging out waiting to get busted, or one so sensitive the bubble is constantly moving around with the ever so slightest movement.

rTkHqmz.jpg

CwxzKsh.jpg

aO5Bd7v.jpg

From what I can tell, you can install it without removing the scope.

The ones I use, you have to remove the scope unless you have extra high rings or two piece base. I run one piece base and medium rings so it is a PIA to install and re-level the whole set up.

I tried out their one of their polymer throw levers on one of my PRS scope/rifles. At the time it was about $25. I had very low expectations on the durability, but it has done the job flawlessly. I would still prefer the alloy model. I put an alloy level on back-order. Looks like a nice design.

https://mkmachining.com/product-category/aluminum-levels/

Last edited:
The vials I actually get from China, it is the only Chinese product we use. Quality (dimensional consistency) is superior to all the US levels I've tried, and price is literally a tiny fraction.

Bad news is you gotta order a whole bunch.

Yes you can install this without removing your scope, an important aspect to me. And it's easy to set up with a cleanly moving hinge and one bolt to tighten.

These are $55 now, $60 once they're ready to ship. They are machined just gotta be anodized. As for Greyfox mentioning our polymer products, we have throw levers and scope levels that both function just great. Levels are $15 for an Easter sale, levers are $17.50. We also have milled levers on sale for $44.99 until next weekend.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

xvlDKAF.jpg

J7yJ1Du.jpg

Yep, printed ones are waaaay cheaper to make. The material is actually much more expensive by weight, but the machine cost is drastically less per hour. Plus I can make 5+ beds of parts simultaneously overnight vs manning a mill.

But milling sure looks awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.