new savage pistol build

jorvin

thi
savagepistol.jpg
s is a photo of a savage undesignated target action from jim at northland supply. the stock is one that craig atPDC custom rifle stocks is making for me. the barrel (if it ever get's here) will be a SS 17" mcgowen in 7mm-08 fluted with a hollands radial break

Looks nice, what did the stock run you?

7mm-08 will be a good performer. My AP built 7 SAUM is a great shooter, I love the 7mm's.

My McGowan barrels all shoot well too.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

Doug

the stock is an aluminum billet stock. it's black powder coated (there are a bunch of colors). if you go to PDC custom stocks web sight you will see the rifle versions. i talk to craig about a month ago about converting one for me (the pistol stock was alittle less $ than the rifle stock). he was very helpful. he is even making one for himself. his customer service was outstanding!!!! there is a big hole in the pistol stock market for savage builds (not many options)

That seems like a decent price for the stock. I paid $327 for my McRee aluminum pistol stock to fit my Stiller .338 Lapua mag action. But my stock came raw, and with no trigger guard.

That will be a nice rig, you will enjoy it for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.