New Safe Needed, Any Advice?

MtPockets

Hi All,
I'm in the process of looking for a new safe, and wondered what advice I could get from all the safe owners out there?
Mostly looking for a smaller to mid-sized safe, but want a good quality one.
I am very much a "Buy American" type, so Steelwater, Old Glory, and Cannon are not on my list- I'm sure there are others.
I've looked at Liberty and really like what I saw, but when I got home and looked at their specs it appears they use pretty thin metal until you get into their higher end safes.
My budget is around $2500.
Found these on the 'net, wondered if anyone had any experience with them?

http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Ron

I would suggest looking up youtube videos to see how easy it is to break into whatever you pick. That led me to a Superior safe with plate steel on the door, making it harder to insert a crow bar and bend.

Thanks for the replies.
I looked at all of the suggestions, and they all have some really good qualities.
The Zanotti safes bolt together, which I find interesting. I was thinking of locating the safe in a closet, and that may make it easier.
Still, just a little leary of a bolt together safe.
What I like about the Fort Knox and Superior safes is that they both list the thickness of their steel in fractions. Most safe manufacturers list it in gauge, which in this case (to me, anyway) means "cheap".
The only gauges I want in my safe are the shotguns.

Thanks again, guys.

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts