New Rifle Ordered

I've had exceptional luck with 7828 in the WinMag. I helped out a buddy with an Armalite AR-30 that was rocking 5rnd into cloverleafs @ 100. I don't recall velocity though to be honest, it's been too long.

Keep in mind as well, most loading manuals are very conservative to keep the lawyers happy. I don't usually use a Nosler manual however as I only shoot one of their products.

t

Still haven't been man... The local range has become overrun with yuppies now, so I'm looking to find some land to make my own private range for just me.

That sounds like my local range. Full of nimrods spraying away with their $2 pistols and shotguns. Occasionally the weekend commando shows up with his decked out Black Rifle, but all he can hit is the Earth. It gets very annoying and frustrating, thank God I have my cousins' place to shoot on!

I've had exceptional luck with 7828 in the WinMag. I helped out a buddy with an Armalite AR-30 that was rocking 5rnd into cloverleafs @ 100. I don't recall velocity though to be honest, it's been too long.

Keep in mind as well, most loading manuals are very conservative to keep the lawyers happy. I don't usually use a Nosler manual however as I only shoot one of their products.

t

Thanks Outlaw, I picked up the Nosler manual because it has good load data but we don't shoot many Nosler bullets. We just use 150 Partitions in my little brother's Model 88 .308 Winchester. I am thinking about buying a Berger manual because they seem to have a wide selection of powders and bullets for each given cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.