Reamers ordered for new cartridge .378 Sniper-Tactical

Hi guys, about this 375/408 gun. Have built 2 of them already, my own, and one for another client.

The BC of the Lost River 350 gr. bullet is HIGHER than the .408 bullet. That is not a mathematical solution, it's a measured through true flight testing. I will be releasing the BC values at a press release of the 375 SOE round at a free shooting clinic that I posted here about a month ago.

It's supersonic to 3000 yards with a launch speed of only 3100 fps. Do the math, you'll get a glimpse of the BC if the program you're using can do numbers that high,,, seriously.

Don't need to do 3300 fps, it's neat, but chews barrels badly, too much heat, besides for field unknown distance shooting, that high speed means a flatter rising branch in the trajectory, and a STEEPER falling angle, making unknown distance shooting more difficult because of the shorter danger space dimensions caused by the steep fall angles.

SOE has bought up about 2000 projectiles from LRBT and has ordered more rod for more bullets. When and IF Sierra does these, and I hope they do, only better for the shooting community, things will be cheaper, but only a little.

If Cheytac is the pusher on the .375 Sierra bullet, I wouldn't count on it for a while, they are rather notorious for much more talk than walk. I'm intimately familiar with what they can't do. I was a former owner in the cheytac organization.

SOE is going to generate headstamped 375 "some name here" to give credit where credit is due to the original design and thought of the 408 necked down to 375 cartridge. The brass is just brass.

Here are a couple of websites that talk about the 375 SOE gun.

SOE's 375/408 Information Page

Docs_finished_375_right_front_side.JPG

SOE Products Page

T50,can the general public get these 350 gr bullets or are they only for LE/MIL? also how would they work on deer size animals and larger? i know they're not considered a hunting bullet but anything that big going that fast would have to be deadly.

Sure, the general public can get these projectiles. These, like the 408 J and M40 bullets are definate game killers. Like you said, that much weight and power.

However, if you are going to hunt with them, consider the Lost River J36 hunting projectiles. These are solids, but with a much more lethal technology as a solid, they do carry a tip.

Dean

Lost River Ballistic Technologies J36 375 caliber bullet

has any one seen or herd any thing about the .375 bullets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ABS carbon wrapped barrel, 30" with Ti muzzel brake 5#

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. Burning that much powder you'll be glad you went that direction. Should take quite a few shots to heat her up with that carbon!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.