New Member - Just Saying Hello

Rick79

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and thank you for everything that is already posted.

While I am not new to long range shooting, I will admit that I am very out of practice. 15 years ago I was a comfortable 1,000 yard shooter, today 4-500 is about my max for hunting purposes. Life and the Army not paying for all of the toys/ammo did put a damper on the shooting.

Current setups are a 300 WM and gathering the parts for a 6.5x284 build. My wife is also so happy about both of them! Sarcasm should be noted there.

After a few of the rabbit holes I jumped down so far, I think there might be another build in the not to distant future. It will probably be less of a hunting build and more of a bench rest gun. I don't see me hunting much that the 300 won't put down, that might change anywhere from 5 days to 5 years though.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for having me on here!

There are so many rabbit holes on LRH that you will definitely need to hide CC bill!!!

Big plus for 6.5x284 and not CM😂
Really wanted to go with a long action over a short. There are more options down the road if/when it is time for a new barrel. I also smoked a caribou with my cousin's last year, so that load has a very favorable opinion from me now. Wasn't a long shot (300 yards) but the gun was very sweet to shoot while still being fairly light.

Really wanted to go with a long action over a short. There are more options down the road if/when it is time for a new barrel. I also smoked a caribou with my cousin's last year, so that load has a very favorable opinion from me now. Wasn't a long shot (300 yards) but the gun was very sweet to shoot while still being fairly light.
Did you smoke him whole....or cut him up a bunch first? Welcome from Alberta. Canada