New LR Rig Has Arrived!

elkaholic, that first rig you posted is a nice looking piece, tell us about that one.

Scott, I plan to shoot this rifle until the barrel goes south, then rebarrel and do it again.

elkaholic, that first rig you posted is a nice looking piece, tell us about that one.

Scott, I plan to shoot this rifle until the barrel goes south, then rebarrel and do it again.

Thanks Brad......That is my old 1970 vintage 700 BDL that was purchased new as one of the first factory 25-06's produced. I bought it with $$$$ I earned in a snowmobile race in which I broke two vertabrae. After I shot it out to practically a smooth bore, I rebarreled it to a 6.5-06 A.I. and killed a ton of game with it including some 25 bulls. I shot that barrel out as well and figured the old girl needed a face lift so I created the 6,5 Sherman cartridge, added a three groove Lilja, HS stock, jewell trigger, Zeiss 6.5-20 etc., and it still continues to pile up game.........Rich

Thanks Brad......That is my old 1970 vintage 700 BDL that was purchased new as one of the first factory 25-06's produced. I bought it with $$$$ I earned in a snowmobile race in which I broke two vertabrae. After I shot it out to practically a smooth bore, I rebarreled it to a 6.5-06 A.I. and killed a ton of game with it including some 25 bulls. I shot that barrel out as well and figured the old girl needed a face lift so I created the 6,5 Sherman cartridge, added a three groove Lilja, HS stock, jewell trigger, Zeiss 6.5-20 etc., and it still continues to pile up game.........Rich

With all the nostalgia, and memories wrapped up in that gun, how do you ever choose between it and your new baby!:D

Scot E.

Nice! I had a 1973 vintage 700 in 30-06 that became the basis for a custom .300 Jarrett. When I shot that barrel out it became a .358 STA. Eventually I became bored with the STA and sold the rifle. That is one I wish I would have kept, and rebarreled to 7 Rem mag, my favorite of all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.