New, looking for advice on new rifle

Just to throw out scope possibilities is this. SWFA SS HD 5X20X50. about 1500.00 if illuminated or 1200.00 non illuminated. You just missed the Black Friday special I got where the illuminated version was 999.00. With my eyes now at 50 years old I lose my low light version early before legal shooting time ends. So it allows me that last bit extra to hunt to last legal minute.

Good luck

The Tract UHD 30mm 4-20x50 FFP MOA with the illuminated reticle looks like a great scope at $1294 MSRP. All of the tests I have read and watched on Youtube look promising. I wish that I had some extra funds right now to get one and try it out.

Thanks for all the input guys. Time to try to find the rifle now. Liking the looks of the Montana Xtreme Elite but having a hard time finding one in 338. I'm definitely not 100% on that gun/caliber yet as I've not purchased it. Once the trigger is pulled I'll be 100%.

One last question......for now. What do you guys think about the 700 AWR? I'm not crazy about the brown stock but I could live with it. I would have to put a brake on it as well.

Thank you for that. I need another rifle like I need another hole in my head but.....I want one. Only thing I am worried about with the 338 is bullet selection. I like a bullet that opens ASAP and I don't know what that would be in 338 caliber. I've had really good success with Speer boattail bullets in my other calibers. Not Hotcor, just plain Speer boattails. Anyone have experience with 338 caliber bullets that can give advice?

Thanks for all the help guys.
Hornady 285's and 300gr Bergers work great on my 338 edge

Weatherby Mark V Carbonmark or ultra lite, in 6.5-300 with a Leupold VX5HD 3-15 or 4-20 or the VX6HD comparable.
156 Berger's
140 accubonds/142accubond LR
137 Hammer Hunter

that imo would be a very very nice production rifle set up.

I own a Seekin Havek 6.5 PRC, Beautiful gun and shoots really well 1/2" moa Threaded barrel for break or can, they also have a great break that matches the barrel and they are a great company to work with as well. Looks like your looking for more knock down, 28 nosler or 300 PRC. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.