New Long Range Hunter

Savage .308

Well I am new to the game just wanted to say hello to every one. I got to pick up my new rifle today, its a Savage LE2A .308 WIN toped with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20 LR/T M1. I will be using it to take white tail and if i am lucky some muleys out to 600 yards. what do you guys think? Oh ya and can some one give me info on how to break in a barrel?

Welcome to LRH. Your set up will work fine with good ammo and some practice on your part. The little 308 is impressively accurate at long range.

Run a search on barrel break in and you will get enough reading for several long reading sessions.

Have a good evening,

Kirby Allen(50)

Load that "sucker" up with 46.0 grs. Varget with a 150 gr. Scirocco with a F210M or BR-2 primer and at 800 yds. it'll make ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifsmile!! You may can go to 47.5 grs. on a cool day, depending upon your pressure assessments!

HOLD HARD & STAY CENTER!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.