long range hunter

So let me see if I understand the situation properly

Every time someone recommends that a person buy a rifle from Len

Bravo4
3fingervic
Jarhead 21
Liltank
sniperjwt

are all going to come up on the thread and recommend against buying a rifle from Len simply because they personally cannot afford it.

Is that the situation?

Do you not understand that running this large of a forum costs money and despite your not paying for any of it yourself that someone has to pay for it. Where do you think the money to pay for the forum comes from.

I suggest you take a second and apologize for your thoughtlessness and lack of appreciation.

I certainly appreciate people who sponsor this site. But, they sponsor as a way of advertising, it is not a selfless act. A member asked for an opinion, and I gave it. I'm not recommending against buying this product because I can't afford it, I don't think it's a wise purchase. If someone wants to disagree with me, that is fine. I don't take offense to that. As I'm typing, I'm looking at a Midway ad. If a member said "Don't buy those bullets from Midway, you can get them at Walmart cheaper", that would be fine. Wouldn't it? That is what I'm saying, to ME this system is over priced. Insted of worrying about hurt feelings, throw some math out there, and convince me it it a good purchase.

I certainly appreciate people who sponsor this site. But, they sponsor as a way of advertising, it is not a selfless act. A member asked for an opinion, and I gave it. I'm not recommending against buying this product because I can't afford it, I don't think it's a wise purchase. If someone wants to disagree with me, that is fine. I don't take offense to that. As I'm typing, I'm looking at a Midway ad. If a member said "Don't buy those bullets from Midway, you can get them at Walmart cheaper", that would be fine. Wouldn't it? That is what I'm saying, to ME this system is over priced. Insted of worrying about hurt feelings, throw some math out there, and convince me it it a good purchase.

I agree with 3fingervic. My point was you dont have to spend 6K, 5K or even 4K to get a great shooting gun you can if you would like and you would be getting a great gun but in MY opinion there is no need for it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe we started off talking about the Gunwerks Rifles, not the Long Range Rifles from Len.

BTW, I had Jim build my rifle because I wanted to work up my load and do all the leg work involved with having a rifle custom built NOT because I couldn't afford an "turn key gun."

The only rifles that I would ever pay to have someone build that cost a few thousand dollars would be from a few of the smiths on this sight.

Tank

1. I guess you missed this statement in my initial comment.

2. I had no idea Len was a builder, but thanks for the heads up.

3. They make flavored shoe polish for inserting foot in mouth.

Know that I would not intentionally take anything away from any of the builders on THIS sight. I'm sure that Len makes a fine rifle, and so does Jim See, Shawn Carlock, Kirby Allen, and JE Customs. The question was about something different from what Len was offering. As a matterfact I would rather buy from Len because his rifles are cheaper.

My wanting to make informed wise purchases is a matter of being fiscally responsible. If that is a problem, so be it!!!! Some of us can't just go out and dump 3 or 4 G's on something we want. So I suggest Mr. Buffalo Bob, that you consider the people on this sight and the fact that some of us have to make due with what we can afford. The OP asked a question and we offered an opinion.

Tank

Ummmm...I'm sorry...???

Where in the LRH Gear Shop does it say Len sells rifles? I must have missed it. If he sells them then why advertise everything else he sells but rifles? If it was posted somewhere I must have missed it, or maybe I don't have the time of day to read every post on this site.

Len,
This is a great site and glad it's open to the public. It helps a lot of people get on the right track. If I helped deter a potential customer from making a purchase from you then I do feel a little bad. However, I feel as though people come on here for opinions on what works from more experienced shooters and sometimes there are other options they are unaware of. For example: This past weekend my sniper section was out on the unknown distance range when an infantry buddy of mine called to say he was on leave from Afghanistan. He said he just bought a new .308, so I told him to bring it out. He shows up with a Kimber Tactical that he paid almost $3000 for that had a $200 Bushnell on it. He was wanting a 7mm mag but the gun shop told him that this set up had better down range ballistics. He just didn't know! I let him know what a **** nice rifle it was but quickly educated him. I didn't tell him this, but I feel like they conned him by using his ignorance against him. Is it a nice rifle...YES! Do I think he could have spent his money more wisely...in my opinion YES!

BB,
You are one of the guys I try to listen to on this site as you are very knowledgeable. So I'ma just keep my mouth shut (so to speak).

Here is the link, for the rifles that Len sells: Custom Long Range Hunting Rifles

Ummmm...I'm sorry...???

Where in the LRH Gear Shop does it say Len sells rifles? I must have missed it. If he sells them then why advertise everything else he sells but rifles? If it was posted somewhere I must have missed it, or maybe I don't have the time of day to read every post on this site.

Len,
This is a great site and glad it's open to the public. It helps a lot of people get on the right track. If I helped deter a potential customer from making a purchase from you then I do feel a little bad. However, I feel as though people come on here for opinions on what works from more experienced shooters and sometimes there are other options they are unaware of. For example: This past weekend my sniper section was out on the unknown distance range when an infantry buddy of mine called to say he was on leave from Afghanistan. He said he just bought a new .308, so I told him to bring it out. He shows up with a Kimber Tactical that he paid almost $3000 for that had a $200 Bushnell on it. He was wanting a 7mm mag but the gun shop told him that this set up had better down range ballistics. He just didn't know! I let him know what a **** nice rifle it was but quickly educated him. I didn't tell him this, but I feel like they conned him by using his ignorance against him. Is it a nice rifle...YES! Do I think he could have spent his money more wisely...in my opinion YES!

BB,
You are one of the guys I try to listen to on this site as you are very knowledgeable. So I'ma just keep my mouth shut (so to speak).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.