New Kestrel® HUD and Kestrel® Ballistics 2700

DocUSMCRetired

New for 2019 Kestrel® HUD, a companion device for your 5700, and the Kestrel® 2700 Ballistics featuring Applied Ballistics® Ultralite.

Anyone have this yet?

Just ordered this, for an alternative to taking my mobile device with Geo Ballistics app & Weather Meter, into the field, and the 2700's simplified functions.

Anyone have this yet?

Just ordered this, for an alternative to taking my mobile device with Geo Ballistics app & Weather Meter, into the field, and the 2700's simplified functions.
I ordered one in May. They've been completely comms black about it. Haven't heard a thing.

New email update from Kestrel:
Thank you for purchasing the Kestrel 2700 Ballistics Weather Meter. We have encountered a delay in engineering and have scheduled another round of beta testing prior to shipping the product. We anticipate up to 4 weeks until we begin shipping. We apologize for this inconvenience but we are very passionate about only releasing a product that we feel is 100% ready. Your satisfaction is important to us and we promise to deliver on the quality and reliability that you expect with all Kestrel products.

Orders will be shipped in the order that they were received when we begin shipping.

Hmmm, I'l probably have changed my mind, before then, and go ahead and get the 5700?!

New test units just hit the field testers, so I expect they will get hit pretty hard this week and weekend. Here is the latest version so you can see it.

20190820-153509.jpg

20190820-153518.jpg

20190820-153605.jpg

20190820-153618.jpg

20190820-153843.jpg

20190820-155841.jpg

Thank you! Received the Kestrel and the free gift ,wind vane, for my patience.
After easy initial setup, entering gun profiles, was about as easy as easy can get! Only thing to do is truing data....

Last edited:
Once you have the app, the 2700 setup, your rifle data installed and trued,I did it yesterday, all that's left to do is: range, get temp, direction of fire,wind direction /speed, input range, adjust elevation, i hold wind, fire! I was getting it to about a 60-90 seconds, to see just how fast I could, if needed. I got it to be more efficient. It was a good purchase!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.